Solo Acoustic gig AxeFx2 questions!

paulasbell

Inspired
I've got a few questions for the more experienced multiple-guitar-gig users here.

Recently, I've started incorporating my AxeFx2 into my solo acoustic gigs. On these gigs, I use up to 4 guitars... which I obviously can't keep all plugged into the AxeFx simultaneously.

3 of these 4 guitars have some sort of standard guitar PU in them. So I plug them– one at a time, obviously– into the FRONT input. I use different presets for each, generally using the Tube Pre amp block, sometimes w/ a cab, often not.

My acoustic flattop has a built-in K&K dual-source system, with both bridgeplate PU's and an internal mic, so requires a K&K blender before going into the AxeFx. (That said, I'd love to find an effective way to use the AxeFx as the blender, use PEQ's and signal processing separately for each source, then use the mixer block to "blend" them before outputting. Is that possible?)

What I've settled on for the moment for the flattop is hooking the K&K blender output into the REAR input, L side, and leaving it hooked up. (The preset I've created for the flattop sounds more "acoustic" with a very low input gain setting for the Tube Pre, so I then boost the block level quite a bit, to compensate.)

So now, I've got the flattop permanently connected in the rear, and the 3 other guitars alternately connected via the front input. So when I switch back and forth from the flattop, I hit "I/O" and manually switch Input from "Front" to "Rear", hit Recall, switch the preset, and I'm good.

It's workable... but i'm wondering several things...

1) Am I missing some clever way to switch inputs on a "per-preset" basis? THAT would be nice!!!
2) Am I missing some clever way to split my stereo 1/4" cable from my flattop into 2 separate inputs, and use the AxeFx to blend them?
3) It would be helpful to mute the AxeFx when switching guitars. Hitting the Tuner button seems to mute the Front 1/4" input... but NOT the rear input. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Some VERY good suggestions here... thanks to all!
It's sounding to me like Chris' and Simeon's scheme will do the trick for my dual-source flattop.
My first experiment will be to get a Y-cable, split the stereo TRS cord into 2 individual TS 1/4" jacks, and plug each into Rear Input 1– L for transducer, R for Internal mic.
Then I'll use Volume blocks for each side, and set each Vol block to get its input from the proper L/R side. Then, I'd guess EQ for each chain, and then a mixer block, to "blend' the 2 signals into one chain. Then, Tube Pre, Delay/Reverb, and out... probably as mono.
Am I missing anything here? TIA for your suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom