Bug? Solo 88 rhythm, different low res freq than clean & lead

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I just now noticed that the Solo 88 rhythm amp has a different low res freq value than the clean and lead types of the same amp. Seems wrong somehow. Also, the Xformer hi freq value is lower on the clean than the other 2 types.

Also noticed that the CAE 3+ clean has a different Xformer drive value than the rhythm and lead of the same model.

Last edited:
Those are preamp models. The parameters in question are associated with the power amp and cabinet. Set them to whatever sounds best to you.

Those are preamp models. The parameters in question are associated with the power amp and cabinet. Set them to whatever sounds best to you.

It just seems logical that the default value would be the same for all channels of an amp/preamp, since they use the same power amp etc?

Why do they use the same power amp? Set them to whatever sounds best to you.

The preamp based models do have power amp modelling too, correct? I assume that the Solo 88 and the CAE 3+ use the same power amp modelling for all their 3 channels? Same with the Triaxis, JMP1 etc.

Yeah I'm with him - do they not have a power amp modelled in the models? If no, fair enough... Didn't know that, don't know why the JMP etc differs.

If yes, is it a different power amp to the other channels? May I ask which they are?

Choose your favorite amp and dial the power amp settings in from that reference?
As far as I can recall, every preamp-based model has power amp modeling too (so it's not just a straight preamp). If multiple channels of a preamp are modeled, it would be logical if they all use the same poweramp. The Triaxis probably uses the Mesa 2:90, the Soldano preamps probably use the back end of a SLO100 et.c. That's why I find it strange that values that should be the same for all channels of a preamp, differer somehow.

Also, you can't change one poweramp into another poweramp by editing advanced parameters. There's more to what makes a poweramp sound/feel a certain way than that.

Back
Top Bottom