Solo 100 Clean VS. Shiver Clean VS. USA Clean VS. Bludojai Clean

Solo Clean is great with the MV cranked and the preamp turned down when paired with the right cab for your pickups/playing style.

When you say MV do you mean master volume? and when you say preamp turned down are you referring to the preamp bias knob? preamp hardness?
I'm fairly certain that...
Yes, MV means Master Volume, in the amp block.
No, "preamp" means the Drive in the amp block. For those of us who grew up with tube amps, and still think that way, the word "preamp" means the volume of the preamp tubes in a tube amp... which in the AxeFx, is controlled by Drive (and also by Input Trim).

I tried @2112’s Shiver clean settings from his 5 minute tone video. Add a compressor and it’s just gorgeous. I found the others a bit thin, I guess I like darker thicker cleans.

I tried @2112’s Shiver clean settings from his 5 minute tone video. Add a compressor and it’s just gorgeous. I found the others a bit thin, I guess I like darker thicker cleans.

I did the same, that was a quick and easy trick to dial in a clean tone. Basically, use the Shiver Clean, drop the bass to ~ 3, raise the treble to ~ 7. I also raise the gain and MV up a bit to fatten it up. A little output compressor helps too.

I also like the USA Pre Clean rather than the USA Clean as it requires less fiddling to dial out the mud.

Back
Top Bottom