Solo 100 Amp & S12X + V12 Cabs

gigawatt

Experienced
I've been loving this combination, while a little on the dark side, high end can be easily brought out with an EQ block after it. I have a question however, are its EQ (B M T) controls before or after the preamp? I ask because they don't seem to have much affect, and neither do some other controls like tube type, I could tell no difference between 6L6's and EL34's so I switched it over to the 300B, which usually makes a big difference but still no change. Am I missing a parameter or 'switch' if you will somewhere in the chain that turned all the "knobs" off?

Thanks

I've been loving this combination, while a little on the dark side, high end can be easily brought out with an EQ block after it. I have a question however, are its EQ (B M T) controls before or after the preamp? I ask because they don't seem to have much affect, and neither do some other controls like tube type, I could tell no difference between 6L6's and EL34's so I switched it over to the 300B, which usually makes a big difference but still no change. Am I missing a parameter or 'switch' if you will somewhere in the chain that turned all the "knobs" off?

Thanks

You mean tone control locations pre or postgain?

Back
Top Bottom