Soldano SLO100, Cab Pack 20, EZDR2 and fw 1.04

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
I bought myself now the basic programm of EZ Drummer2 and will get probably the expansion "Metal Machine" which I believe has the best drum sounds. Anyway this is a little tune I wrote fitting the drum grove I have picked randomly to do a first test run. This time with the freshly loaded fw Q1.04 I tweaked an Soldano SLO 100 and used just 1 ir from Cab Pack 20: ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01. I used the same settings for both, rhythm and lead, as I do live as well. The rhythm I had the volume knob on my Indie Les Paul on "4". Unfortunaltly I haven't got a Bass, but with the drums its already better and easyer to record to keep the beat...

Preset if some one likes - I tweaked quiet a bit and used a Filter block before the amp as Cliff did advice in another thread: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3868

Last edited:
Thanks man - I didn't know this song from Satch, but your right, his neck pickup sounds simulare in tone - he's hell of a player - just awesome....

Almost a Jimi meets SFAM Dream Theater type of vibe in this clip. Live it! I can also hear the Satch in this one. :) Good job Tony! It's nice to see Cab Pack 20 still has you exploring. :)

Have you dared to go even further into the Alloy folders? ;)

Have you dared to go even further into the Alloy folders? ;)
Thank you guys - very kind of you - I haven't dared any further yet, I didn't have much time so far and with this couple of ir's at the moment it's so easy to get a nice tone - but I will. Especially when I have the chance of playing loud again, which was not possible last week...

I usually have around 5-10 Alloy Ace "contestants" and in the end I will just choose the one that I feel is the best at the time being but usually the first ten or so IR's in those Alloy folders almost became Ace Alloys as well. Some have really interesting characters. :) If you ever feel bored... you know what to do.

Last edited:
Actually the Alloy's are my "go to" nowadays. I just record a 30 second clip with a looper block then just roll the IR's and usually find the purrfector and let chime. Then i might look for something similar in the single mics to blend it more specific. Don't underestimate the alloys! :)

Actually the Alloy's are my "go to" nowadays. I just record a 30 second clip with a looper block then just roll the IR's and usually find the purrfector and let chime. Then i might look for something similar in the single mics to blend it more specific. Don't underestimate the alloys! :)
Ha... definitely don't underestimate them. It's most of my work load. Single mics are way easier. :)

good job man!

I use metal machine! it's for ez drummer 1! if you got ezd2 get "made of metal" or "the progressive foundry"

metal machine would work for ezd2 also, but if i were you, id get the latest ezx possible! ^^^

Thanks for the tip as I'm complete newbie with drumcomputers - which one of the two you mentioned is the best one - I do Rock and some Hardrock - the Bluesexpansion I have already but not exciting........

I bought myself now the basic programm of EZ Drummer2 and will get probably the expansion "Metal Machine" which I believe has the best drum sounds. Anyway this is a little tune I wrote fitting the drum grove I have picked randomly to do a first test run. This time with the freshly loaded fw Q1.04 I tweaked an Soldano SLO 100 and used just 1 ir from Cab Pack 20: ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01. I used the same settings for both, rhythm and lead, as I do live as well. The rhythm I had the volume knob on my Indie Les Paul on "4". Unfortunaltly I haven't got a Bass, but with the drums its already better and easyer to record to keep the beat...

Great track!! The beginning reminds me of Jimi Hendrix' Freedom. The combo of the SLO100 amp model and the Cab Pack 20 IR give both the rhythm and lead tracks a dynamic and live tone. I recently bought Cab Pack 20 and can't wait to try this tone myself!

Great track!! The beginning reminds me of Jimi Hendrix' Freedom. The combo of the SLO100 amp model and the Cab Pack 20 IR give both the rhythm and lead tracks a dynamic and live tone. I recently bought Cab Pack 20 and can't wait to try this tone myself!

Thanks man - here is the preset if you like: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3868
I used an ir from Mikko's Cab Pack 20: ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01 - the beginnig I had the volume knob on my Indie Les Paul an about "4" and no Drive pedal - the rest I did with the drive pedal...

Last edited:
Thanks man - here is the preset if you like: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3868
I used an ir from Mikko's Cab Pack 20: ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01 - the beginnig I had the volume knob on my Indie Les Paul an about "4" and no Drive pedal - the rest I did with the drive pedal...
Someone called you Tony, and I feel more comfortable thanking Tony than thanking BlackBitch!! I have a Les Paul, but not fitted with a whammy so I'll give this preset a workout with my EBMM Steve Morse Y2D. It's got some mass so should sound great!! Thanks again!

Thanks for the tip as I'm complete newbie with drumcomputers - which one of the two you mentioned is the best one - I do Rock and some Hardrock - the Bluesexpansion I have already but not exciting........

hmmm wish i could help you more, i only have superior 1 and metal machine (metal machine is great and super versatile!!) i would probably get "the progressive foundry" if i was to get EZD2 !!

Someone called you Tony, and I feel more comfortable thanking Tony than thanking BlackBitch!! I have a Les Paul, but not fitted with a whammy so I'll give this preset a workout with my EBMM Steve Morse Y2D. It's got some mass so should sound great!! Thanks again!

I understand this uncomfortable feeling, thats why I didn't call you EricP1954, but your name is probably Eric - my name is Tony, but I don't mind either way - "Black Bitch" is just the name of my black Les Paul.....

20151008_113229_001.jpg

I love the Soldano. I use it a lot for leads now w/ Q1. You're exceptionally good at getting those fat blues tones. Great tones and playing once again!

Back
Top Bottom