Sold Axe FX 3, whats next?

• Thread starter Deleted member 79338
  • Start date
Thank you for going against the grain of the replies and choosing a passive aggressive response.
1 - Nothing passive about it. Saying "passive aggressive" doesn't make it so, and doesn't scare me into hiding for fear of retribution.
2 - Using my analogy, you had the house already, free and clear. Now you have no house, and you're looking for a refrigerator box. Pretty soon you're going to realize when your refrigerator box doesn't have enough room for all your Howard Hughes pickle jars, and now you need to go back to the house you already had and gave up. Problem is someone else is living in it. You've wasted your own time and effort. and in the next entry on this enumerated line by line response, we'll demonstrate how you wasted your money as well...
3 - Not only did you lose 37 pounds on selling it, now you have to find something else and pay shipping/handling/taxes for whatever the replacement is. Based on the economy, you hosed yourself.
4 - I didn't say you're stupid, I don't know you that well. You may be a moron, you may be a genius. Time will tell. I do think that you didn't think this through and now you're asking the board to talk you into rectifying your error in judgement and lack of foresight.
5 - I have plenty to say, and I will speak when and if I wish to do so. If you find no value in it, then move on. Going back to what I said earlier, it's clear that (based on the pattern of thinking you've demonstrated) there's really no helping you other than to reinforce whatever it is you’ve already decided to do. In that case, yes, you're right. You always were. You're always going to be. Please tell us all how we can make better decisions about our gear (and or course the mountains of wisdom on every other subject you've been depriving us all of for so long).

Last edited:
1 - Nothing passive about it. Saying "passive aggressive" doesn't make it so, and doesn't scare me into hiding for fear of retribution.
2 - Using my analogy, you had the house already, free and clear. Now you have no house, and you're looking for a refrigerator box. Pretty soon you're going to realize when your refrigerator box doesn't have enough room for all your Howard Hughes pickle jars, and now you need to go back to the house you already had and gave up. Problem is someone else is living in it. You've wasted your own time and effort. and in the next entry on this enumerated line by line response, we'll demonstrate how you wasted your money as well...
3 - Not only did you lose 37 pounds on selling it, now you have to find something else and pay shipping/handling/taxes for whatever the replacement is. Based on the economy, you hosed yourself.
4 - I didn't say you're stupid, I don't know you that well. You may be a moron, you may be a genius. Time will tell. I do think that you didn't think this through and now you're asking the board to talk you into rectifying your error in judgement and lack of foresight.
5 - I have plenty to say, and I will speak when and if I wish to do so. If you find no value in it, then move on. Going back to what I said earlier, it's clear that (based on the pattern of thinking you've demonstrated) there's really no helping you other than to reinforce whatever it is yoiuv'e already decided to do. In that case, yes, you're right. You always were. You're always going to be. Please tell us all how we can make better decisions about our gear (and or course the mountains of wisdom on every other subject you've been depriving us all of for so long).
What a waste of space.

1) it's the Internet, what retribution.

2) Makes no sense, it's a £2000 item, my house cost £500,000, not exactly a like for like comparison. I am enquiring about an effects only Fractal, and also something more portable. My question was valid, I don't see what you are bringing to the conversation.

3) the FM3 is £1000 second hand in the UK, £1300 with free shipping so I am £1000 up by purchasing a product that is more suited. Still waiting for this "line by line demonstration on how you wasted your money"...

4) I did not say "Convince me to buy another Axe Fx", I specifically asked about an FX only product that is more portable as I do not need amp simulations. However, the FM3 ticks all boxes (FX and portability) with the amps if that's the route I choose. The AX was a good shout but is now legacy, and you offered the advice of........fuck all.

5) I think you need to learn to address people as you would in person. I am not sure what you appear to have taken offense too, my question was valid and yes, you have the right to reply to what you want, you just added absolutely zero value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That you’ve created, yes.
Man if your contribution to this thread mirrors your contribution to life, I now see why £37 is such a huge loss of money to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
FM9T, it's their flagship imho. Sure The Axe 3 is really their flagship but if they had enough FM9T units right now, they would out sell the Axe 3 by far.

FM9T, it's their flagship imho. Sure The Axe 3 is really their flagship but if they had enough FM9T units right now, they would out sell the Axe 3 by far.
I don’t know the actual sales numbers but I’d bet the FM3 has been the bigger seller overall as it has such a lower cost of entry and appeals to a larger overall demographic as such.

I also think a lot of FM9 users also had or still have a III. I know I do. So sales and demand for the Fm9 don’t per say mean it’s more popular than the III, instead it’s an additional form factor for gigs while the IIi stays at home/studio

Confounding matters more is that products have been out different lengths of time, so who knows if the fm9 has sold more than the III over the same length of time regardless of supply? No doubt a bunch of III’s have been sold over the past few years….in part because the fm3 and fm9 didn’t exist as an option

Regardless of all speculation, the III is and will be the “flagship” as far as feature and processing power for some time

I don’t know the actual sales numbers but I’d bet the FM3 has been the bigger seller overall as it has such a lower cost of entry and appeals to a larger overall demographic as such.

I also think a lot of FM9 users also had or still have a III. I know I do. So sales and demand for the Fm9 don’t per say mean it’s more popular than the III, instead it’s an additional form factor for gigs while the IIi stays at home/studio

Confounding matters more is that products have been out different lengths of time, so who knows if the fm9 has sold more than the III over the same length of time regardless of supply? No doubt a bunch of III’s have been sold over the past few years….in part because the fm3 and fm9 didn’t exist as an option

Regardless of all speculation, the III is and will be the “flagship” as far as feature and processing power for some time
Sales numbers for the FM9 are not accurate to what they would of been, had the parts been in stock. My point was the FM9 would of been the top seller the true Flag Ship unit not in terms of power but sales, the FM9 is the unit most people want "even if they can't afford it such as some who picked up the Fm3"

I've seen more complaints about the FM3 just not having the power or not enough switches after they have programmed their presets. I don't hear that from the FM9 nor Axe 3, so if we go on your view of things, it's a different take on what my point was to begin with, "seems you were speculating what you read over my intent". IF the FM9 had the parts in from the get go" it would of out sold any unit current including FM3/Axe III and that is my "speculation"

Btw everyone speculates, including yourself, as you did in your reply to me, so don't be so harsh about it, makes it seem that in your world you think you're the only one that is allowed to speculate or that people that think like you are the only ones, we all have that right.

Wow, what a strange thread. When I read the beginning of it yesterday, I wouldn't have never guessed there was enough flammable material for it to go out this way.

I understand the dilemma. I wouldn't want to gig with a rack, and the back of the FM9 line is a bit of a hail Mary for January gigs. If the OP hadn't taken off, I would have said get a used FM3 and sign up for the FM9 list.....all the prep work would be transferrable when the big guy shows up, and resale is great. Oh well. Personally, I wouldn't want to start tap dancing on a traditional pedalboard, that's for sure!

Methinks this thread should die. OP is gone, possibly troll. The rest is useless. Including my post! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom