Software synths in Logic through Axe FX

How would one go about routing software synths in Logic to process them through the Axe? I love the Matt Guillory lead sound where i takes - in his instance - a Hybrid 3 synth and process it through an amp and cab in Kemper.

Here's a few examples:

Anytone doing this or have done this type or routing?

I haven’t done the exact same thing, but you can use the USB Input-block to route computer audio through the axefx-chain. If the axefx also is your audio device or at least part of an aggregated device you can send the daw track or stand alone app out through the corresponding output, and feed it into your axefx preset with the usb input block.

I like running synths into a tube amp one side, and pedals into the CLR the other. Things get juicy.

Ran across this thread as I was about to post something similar (so apologies if I am hijacking your thread)...

I've been experimenting with running synths through the Axe III (primarily with the idea of "warming up" digital synths)... I've never been happy with the results in recording digital synths (software or hardware).... So I created this preset that at least gets me to the point where I can record digital synths and be happy with the results. My goal was to create a preset that I can run ANY digital synth through to warm it up. Leon ( @2112 ) did something similar in one of his YouTube videos with his Hydrasynth.

Here is the preset in a nutshell:
  1. Use an amp + cab. In my preset, I use 2 x USA Pre Cleans (panned left and right with offset values for slight stereo coloration) into a 4x10 Superverb Cab IR (Cab Preamp and some Room and Air).
  2. This is the secret sauce (stolen from some classic Oberheim sounds)... Use two notch filters in stereo set up so that they are modulated randomly and differently. Since a lot of these old synths in the 70s and early 80s had mono outputs, many artist would record each part more than once, then layer the multiple takes in the mix... This stereo filter variation replicates that natural variance a little. You could take this idea further by adding two more filters doing the same thing and spreading all four across the stereo field (I went ahead and added the 3rd and 4th filters to my preset).
  3. Any effects you may want to use after the filters.
Anyway, screenshot and preset are attached. I've used in of some very digital sounding synths and I'm getting (what I consider) great results. Hope this helps or inspires you in some way.

Synths.png

Attachments

• Synths.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom