Softstep to control modifiers etc?

protocosm

Inspired

I remember somebody using the soft step in combination with the axe.
Has anybody seen a clip in combination with the Axe 2?

I haven't seen a clip but I do use the softstep with the AxeFX II. I'd say I use it lightly to turn on/off effects, switch presets, and adjust certain continuous controls. It wasn't until recently that the software was relatively intuitive. I would recommend it for light non-critical work with guitar. My main complaints are

1. Lack of tactile feedback - I often find myself pressing multiple times before it works or before I realized that it did work.
2. Software is heavy weight for what it does... uses a lot of RAM and CPU.
3. Computerless use is limited and confusing.

It's cool and everything but I find it better suited for synth/plugin use rather than as a traditional guitar foot pedal. The next version might address guitar concerns though... it looks like they'll have a major hit with their kickstarted table top project. Maybe that will trickle back to a better foot controller.

The Gordium stuff looks very cool and I see they are releasing their 2nd Gen stuff soon.
4 pedal connectivity - this s formidable for sure.

The Gordium stuff looks very cool and I see they are releasing their 2nd Gen stuff soon.
4 pedal connectivity - this s formidable for sure.

I guess so, but at that point, why not just get the MFC-101?

PS this thread might be moved to "Other Midi Controllers"

Thanks everyone.
I have the MFC.
Because the soft step is pressure sensitive I had the idea that it could be used to control several things you would otherwise do with an ev-5 or mission control pedal.( e.g. 'opening up' the chorus or the delay as Kurt Rosenwinkel does, Also toy around with the synth sounds more)
Also several midi control changes.

If you decide to use a SoftStep with an Expander, make absolutely sure you mount it on a board in a way that it's impossible to step on the USB cable near the Expander port and that there's no stress on the USB cable. The mini USB port is surface mounted and it doesn't take much to snap it off the circuit board. The other USB port is sturdier. I had high hopes for it but it ultimately proved to be too fragile.

There is no state recall,led lights do not change with presets,
it´s very CPU hungry,and a pain to program
my mini USB port broke within a month,
the LED light makes horrible high pitch noise with the AXE and your Guitar
Mcmillen know of this but no one does anything,no updates,no nothing.

I guess so, but at that point, why not just get the MFC-101?

I'm sure the MFC-101 more than covers most peoples needs, but the Gordius LG-X has two features which are a priority for me: quiet foot-switch action and a 1 octave keyboard-style switch layout for playing synth or bass pedal parts. It's an extremely flexible unit.

I haven't seen a clip but I do use the softstep with the AxeFX II. I'd say I use it lightly to turn on/off effects, switch presets, and adjust certain continuous controls. It wasn't until recently that the software was relatively intuitive. I would recommend it for light non-critical work with guitar. My main complaints are

1. Lack of tactile feedback - I often find myself pressing multiple times before it works or before I realized that it did work.
2. Software is heavy weight for what it does... uses a lot of RAM and CPU.
3. Computerless use is limited and confusing.

It's cool and everything but I find it better suited for synth/plugin use rather than as a traditional guitar foot pedal. The next version might address guitar concerns though... it looks like they'll have a major hit with their kickstarted table top project. Maybe that will trickle back to a better foot controller.
Hi I recently brought a Fractal FX2 and am presently trying to work out KMI softstep..man its driving me crazy..they have an ultra patch and I am trying to work out what does what..CAN YOU HELP ME and send me your softstep patch for the Fractal..I would be pretty THANKFUL if you could haha...I dont know what ity ios about the way the softstep is designed..it looks brilliant but I just cannot "see" what to do to make it work for me..I feel a bit silly and I am not usually haha..thanks if you can help mate?;-)

Back
Top Bottom