Soft Racks & Rack Bags

youngmic

Inspired
I'm currently using an old Mesa Boogie soft rack. I'm looking for a replacement that has zippered front and pack panels. The velcro'd panels on the the Mesa rack are a nuisance. I also had to move the rack rails back an inch so the handles on the front of the Axe-Fx would not protrude - easier said than done btw.

I can't seem to find specs on the placement of the rack rails in the various options out there. Those of you who use the following:

Gator
Pro Tec
Gigskinz
SKB (2U)

...does the front edge of the rack clear the Axe-Fx handles so that you can rest it on it's front without putting pressure on the handles?

Would also appreciate knowing of any other alternatives that have zippered access panels. Ideally, I'd like one with pockets big enough to accommodate the MFC.

Thanks!

I have a Gator 4U bag. I don't have it in front of me, but the Axe handles are just inside the front edge. However, I personally wouldn't set it on the front - there are feet on the back, so you can set the bag down its back (or bottom, of course). Also, the MFC won't fit in its pocket.

Thanks for the reply. That's helpful. I usually set the rack on it's front briefly to coil up cables and tuck things away. Are you saying that you think there would be weight on the handles if I did that with the Gator rack?

I'd like to know the same, I've been eyeing an odyssey 4u which is made with rather sturdy material (According to their specs), anyone know if the handles will fit in that?

Back
Top Bottom