Soccer WC

Ole

Power User
So... Who do you think will win? And who do you hope :)

Personally I hope for Denmark, but also being realistic, so I think France will win the title.
They seem to have the perfect setup this time.

So... Who do you think will win? And who do you hope :)

Personally I hope for Denmark, but also being realistic, so I think France will win the title.
They seem to have the perfect setup this time.
France ? ^^
I'm French but honestly, did you see their first match?
No France will not win...
Otherwise it's hard to tell before the groups match end
It seems there's a kind of world recomposition judt like outside the soccer world

Brazil were rubbish - their defending on the Swiss goal was non existent (although Cortino’s goal was a cracker). The Mexicans were fab against Germany - really well deserved victory.

England start tonight so will have some indication of what I can expect. However, the Spain v Portugal match was probably one the best I have seen at a World Cup group stage. Not sure how England would stand up against either of those.

Soccer is a whole lot of nothing and that isn’t something to sit and watch. You can compress the entire thing into a 30 second highlight reel when the game in it’s enirety is three hours long and there’s 1 goal.

Soccer is a whole lot of nothing and that isn’t something to sit and watch. You can compress the entire thing into a 30 second highlight reel when the game in it’s enirety is three hours long and there’s 1 goal.

There are even people who despise the game. I'm not kidding.

The Mexicans were fab against Germany - really well deserved victory.
100% agreement, those arrogant german dudes deserved this!

Honestly, they played just as bad in the last test match. But that one was against Saudi Arabia. Mexico could and should have won way higher!

p.s.: I'm german, but I always want the underdogs to win. That's just my mentality, I'm as far away from being a nationalist as one can be. That's why I LOVE Iceland :) Those guys are just amazing!

Btw, GO PANAMA! :D

Trev - you say tomato, i say tomato ;). Football (its correct name) is the most popular sport in the world. I get that it does not float your boat, but you are missing out. perhaps we can watch a game together at some point and I will try to explain the game.

Cheers Gilesy

Funny, I had the same impression after watching my first baseball game in the US. Most likely because I didn't get the rules ;)

Sports are only really awesome when one plays actively. From that perspective football is total fun!
I e.g. have some of those worldcup games running, but I always sit at the desk working on something or playing the guitar, sometimes cooking or whatelse. Sitting through an entire game always feels like a waste of time, except if it's games like Mexico vs. Germany 1st half, for that one I changed over to the couch and enjoyed it :)

Trev - you say tomato, i say tomato ;). Football (its correct name) is the most popular sport in the world. I get that it does not float your boat, but you are missing out. perhaps we can watch a game together at some point and I will try to explain the game.

Cheers Gilesy
I don't even care what it's correct name is LOL. I understand the rules, I'm not an idiot. I simply just don't care. It's boring.

Baseball is boring as well, unless the Yankees are in the World Series, which has been happening less and less since the advent of computational sabermetrics.

Back
Top Bottom