So you're only allowed one amp sim!!

I know it's the wrong answer, but I can't choose. It depends on my mood and the setting... but I keep coming back to the HB/HBE.

Interesting thread especially since I have been thinking about seeing if I can build ab couple of alternative banks to use just 1 amp for a whole show. Right now I am using 5 banks of 4 presets. Each bank makes use of 3-6 amps. I play in a cover band that covers a pretty wide range of rock/pop music. I separate my banks by genre. 1 bank for classic rock, 2 for 80s (1 for 80s pop/rock, 1 for hair stuff) 1for the modern stuff and 1 "general" bank. Most nights I'm "feelin'" my presets but every once in a while I'll use oneof the amps and wanna keep on that one but have specific needs in certain presets.

I I have been thinking maybe I'll try to set up a whole shoe based around 1 amp. I am going to do 3 or so like that. I tuink right now I am leaning towards the 5153, a Mark amp and the a JVM410.

Sorry I know this was a lil long and slightly off topic but kinda fits in a weird way...

You're.

...sorry, it's been bothering me every time I check the threads in this forum.

Last edited:
I'm not very good at having limitations placed on me. I would sell my house and by 50 Axe units so that I could have 50 sims.

Friedmans Trip-Tik

Just an FYI...Triptik is a Carol-Ann product, not a Friedman and has nothing to do with or in common with any of their lines, company or designs and is actually even nothing at all like a modded Marshall design. No disrespect to Dave, he's a good guy with a great following for his products.

Last edited:
Just an FYI...Triptik is a Carol-Ann product, not a Friedman and has nothing to do with or in common with any of their lines, company or designs and is actually even nothing at all like a modded Marshall design. No disrespect to Dave, he's a good guy with a great following for his products.

I know they have nothing to do with each other and that they're two completely different beasts. I was trying to sneak in two amps to make one choice for my choice. Hence the hybridized name. If you were offended, my apologies.

I have to go with the JM45. Put it in front of a 1960A Marshall Cab with Greenbacks and jam a Eternal Love Drive down it's snout, and it can do Plexi-flavored rock. Put it in front of other cabs, like the 2x12 Pro Reverb, and it can do blues, country, and jazz. So much of how things sound are dependent on the cab.

Comet Concourse, of course... It's a:

home-run.gif

It's got cleans, it's got dirt, it's got cut, it's got smooth, it's got rhythms, it's got leads, it's got sparkle, it's got beef... Thanks again, Cliff!

Ugh, I'd hate to lose my Swart Space Tone (Nuclear Tone) sim! But in the end I'm going to be boring and say Double Verb. For me a Fender Twin is so versatile. But, if I was limited to just one sim I'd probably just go buy a real Twin and use the AxeFX 2 for effects ;-)

After much deliberation, I'm sticking with the FAS Modern, although I could never replace the Axe with the "real thing" because there's no such thing. I'll just play rock and metal for the rest of my days. *gulp*

Back
Top Bottom