So Who Received "The Email" and When Did You Get on the List

Josh O

I've been checking my emails daily hoping to see that my turn has come up but nothing as of yet which is fine. I'm just curious if those who got on the list early have their's coming in the mail or maybe already received? I know Scott got his and he went on the list way early, 3/08 I believe. I went on the list 7/08, should I be concerned I haven't gotten an email yet?

Re: So Who Received "The Email" and When Did You Get on the

Was Scott a beta tester?

I got on the list June 2008, no email yet here.

June 2008 here too. No email yet.

Don't know if Scott was a "tester" or not, but I do believe he was 1st on the waiting list ....

Me, July 2008 - No E-mail yet ....

Josh O said:
I've been checking my emails daily hoping to see that my turn has come up but nothing as of yet which is fine. I'm just curious if those who got on the list early have their's coming in the mail or maybe already received? I know Scott got his and he went on the list way early, 3/08 I believe. I went on the list 7/08, should I be concerned I haven't gotten an email yet?

Concerned about what exactly?

I think that with all the reviews and helpful replies here and elsewhere, Scott has earned at least a nudge up the priority list - tester or not. ;)

There was an indication somewhere that the waiting list would start to receive those emails towards the end of this month. As far as I can see the priority list is: Testers, Artists, 5(-10?) guys/gals that paid $100 extra (unless the van is full! that's why mine hasn't shipped :lol:), waiting list, rest of the world.

Uhm... yeah.... none of the above is a certainty or promise... just my understanding.

No need to worry... Scott has had his AxeFX since 2007, and helping many, many people out for a long time... so whatever the reason, he deserves it....
As for the rest of us, it was said on another forum, that there are LOTS of the MFC's there, with more to arrive soon, and start filling orders from the waiting list... it should only be a couple more weeks...

That people are starting to get them and show them, should be comforting to all who have waited a long time, that the time for everyone is, as Cliff put it, "Very soon..." ( where is the "applause" emoticon ?? ) :D

tgunn said:
I think that with all the reviews and helpful replies here and elsewhere, Scott has earned at least a nudge up the priority list - tester or not. ;)

There was an indication somewhere that the waiting list would start to receive those emails towards the end of this month. As far as I can see the priority list is: Testers, Artists, 5(-10?) guys/gals that paid $100 extra (unless the van is full! that's why mine hasn't shipped :lol:), waiting list, rest of the world.

Uhm... yeah.... none of the above is a certainty or promise... just my understanding.

Aren't the guys/gals that paid $100 extra the same thing of the rest of the world? What is the point of the waiting list, then?

Wizard9 said:
Aren't the guys/gals that paid $100 extra the same thing of the rest of the world? What is the point of the waiting list, then?
I'm not sure if your truly asking this question or if you want me to explain or justify how Fractal runs their business. So, I'll assume you're simply asking a question. :)

Fractal sent out a note on here that 5 (maybe more) were available immediately without the discount. I don't know why - maybe they had a few left over from the very first batch? The point of the waiting list is for early adopters to get a $100 discount from the first publicly available units. As to your first question the answer is: Yes, anyone had a chance to buy one of those and no one got the discount.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an email or if an email from Fractal inadvertantly ended up in my spam folder or something and got deleted.

As far as Scott getting one already, I never said he wasn't deserving of it all if I gave that impression. I know he's been flying the Axe flag for quite awhile and he's one of the reasons I jumped on one and he has been on the wait list probably longer than anyone so I'm psyched he got his.

Guys - if you have a question for me, PM me or email me.

If you weren't around for the original waiting list (Ultra and Standard list), then you wouldn't know that this is how it went down back then.

Fractal went down the list very slowly, but the option to pay full price was usually available for immediate delivery.

I was on the list for over 8 months before I broke down and paid full price. I would have had to wait for more than 4 months more before my time came up on that list.

I am REALLY hoping he doesn't do that again...I just sold my controller anticipating the release of the MFC.

Wizard9 said:
tgunn said:

Seems like you're only wanting to cause trouble cause I believe this is the third or fourth thread you've hinted without coming out and saying it.
I don't speak on behalf of fractal but trolling gets you no where. If those early purchasers got the same discount without the waiting list it'd be another issue, but its not.

I have no beef with big name artists and major contributors like Scott getting a controller before the rest of us on the waiting list, but, honestly, I DO feel like it's a bit of a slap in the face to everyone on the waiting list to sell 5 to anyone with a day off of work that day who was on the Fractal site. I highly doubt that Fractal was in dire need of the $500 extra dollars made by selling to the first 5 anybodies without the discount that day so why not just send emails to the top 5 on the wait list?
This surprised me because this company has exceeded my expectations with support and customer service etc in every other area. I still plan on getting one, but if I was one of the top 5 guys on the list and found out about this, I'd be pretty pissed. It's his company and he makes the rules, obviously, so who am I, but just another guy who's waited for this thing excitedly and who's wondering why the wait list was disregarded for the first 5 "public" units for sale.
Oh well. In the end, it's just a foot controller...not a cure for cancer. Putting things in perspective is a great life tool. :D

cheers,
Steve

Way back when, when the wait list for the Ultra and Standard stretched for eternity, sometimes- there were units sold at full price outside the wait list to those willing to spend the extra cash. If i remember correctly, those units sold at full price were reserved for a customer service swap or some other backup ...and sold only when the need to have the reserve had past.
I imagine the MFC has similar units.

Everyone has the exact same access to the units available for sale. Those that happen to be online when the thread was posted benefited from timing, but paid $100 dollars more for a unit than someone on the wait list. Those units did not come from the units available for the wait list.
Fractal is not obligated to offer and maintain a wait list, i am grateful they do. I have been waiting unofficially about 3 years, officially just a bit less. When my number is called, I will buy one. Until then, i'll simply continue to play my guitar using the controller i have.

guittarrzan,

I will be the first to admit this...

I am one of the 5 who got one the other night. (By the way, I bought it at like 7pm Eastern time in the United States. Having said that...) When I was buying it, I felt kind of guilty about possibly getting one before guys like Scott Peterson (not knowing that he already had one). I remember thinking, "Wow. If I weren't one these 5 people and ended up having to wait longer because people who never went on the list got these, I'd probably feel a little cheated." But, it didn't stop me from buying it. In fact, it made me feel better about spending the extra $100. This way, I get one now and don't have to worry about it. The bottom line is that Cliff will probably offer more for the extra $100 to whomever claims them first. If you get the chance, jump on it.

browlett said:
guittarrzan,

I will be the first to admit this...

I am one of the 5 who got one the other night. (By the way, I bought it at like 7pm Eastern time the the U.S. Having said that...) When I was buying it, I felt kind of guilty about possibly getting one before guys like Scott Peterson (not knowing that he already had one). i remember thinking, "Wow. If I weren't one these 5 people and ended up having to wait longer because people who never went on the list got these, I'd feel a little cheated." But, it didn't stop me from buying it. In fact, it made me feel better about spending the extra $100. The bottom line is that Cliff will probably do this again. If you get the chance, jump on it.
+1. I'm one of the 5 as well (ordered mine at precisely 6:41pm EDT) and if it makes anyone feel any better, mine hasn't even shipped yet and I'll have to pay duty and import fees on top of the extra $100. ;)

tgunn said:
+1. I'm one of the 5 as well (ordered mine at precisely 6:41pm EDT) and if it makes anyone feel any better, mine hasn't even shipped yet and I'll have to pay duty and import fees on top of the extra $100. ;)

D'oh!

I guess I'm REALLY lucky, then... Mine came literally 2 days later and I only paid for UPS Ground service. I lucked out in that I live less than a 2-hour drive from Fractal Audio.

Mike Snider said:
Way back when, when the wait list for the Ultra and Standard stretched for eternity, sometimes- there were units sold at full price outside the wait list to those willing to spend the extra cash. If i remember correctly, those units sold at full price were reserved for a customer service swap or some other backup ...and sold only when the need to have the reserve had past.
I imagine the MFC has similar units.

Everyone has the exact same access to the units available for sale. Those that happen to be online when the thread was posted benefited from timing, but paid $100 dollars more for a unit than someone on the wait list. Those units did not come from the units available for the wait list.
Fractal is not obligated to offer and maintain a wait list, i am grateful they do. I have been waiting unofficially about 3 years, officially just a bit less. When my number is called, I will buy one. Until then, i'll simply continue to play my guitar using the controller i have.

It isn't like there is a magic bin or different SKU for wait list units. The 5 units that sold *could* have been made available to people on the wait list. Personally, I was a little annoyed too but I'll wait until my name comes up. I've waited a few years, I can wait a bit longer.

gittarzann said:
If you weren't around for the original waiting list (Ultra and Standard list), then you wouldn't know that this is how it went down back then.

Fractal went down the list very slowly, but the option to pay full price was usually available for immediate delivery.

I was on the list for over 8 months before I broke down and paid full price. I would have had to wait for more than 4 months more before my time came up on that list.

I am REALLY hoping he doesn't do that again...I just sold my controller anticipating the release of the MFC.

I do remember that. I remember going on the wait list for the Standard, not even sure the Ultra was out yet, early on and I finally gave up hope and spent the money (and then some) on a Bogner Duende combo amp in 12/07. Then an email from Fractal showed up 6/08, my turn was up, a Standard was waiting at the reduced price. Even though I had my amp, I still was memerized by what the Axe could do and the rest is history, I have both. So when my turn comes up or the MFC, even though I've got a perfectly functional Ground Control Pro which is more than enough for me, I envision an MFC sitting on my floor!!

Back
Top Bottom