So Who Received "The Email" and When Did You Get on the List

Re: So Who Received "The Email" and When Did You Get on the

Nothing yet. June 2008. It really is a "waiting" list.

Waiting...
and waiting...
and waiting...
and waiting...

bstaley said:
Nothing yet. June 2008. It really is a "waiting" list.

Waiting...
and waiting...
and waiting...
and waiting...

This wasn't difficult to predict frankly ..., and it's why I took Cliff's comments about the initial mfg run of MFC's being enough to satisfy the waiting list as proof that it would be handled differently than other Fractal products releases ....

I knew there'd been quite a number of Stds and Ultras sold since the list was begun ....

And quite a number of those people wouldn't have a stake in waiting, and would most certainly jump the line when given a chance ....

Nice reward for those who signed up and gave Fractal the initial demand to design, ramp up and mfg a footcontroller in the first place .... :(

I don't really understand it either, maybe it's cause I'm in North America (Canada).. But I was "Confirmed" to be on the list on June 1st, 2010, and I never got an email saying it's your turn to buy one, your next in line, at least I don't recall this happening. I just went to the purchase button on the homepage one day and went to the MFC to see how much it was, and it was available to purchase, so I bought it. But I mean if I got mine before a lot of other people who have wanted it for much longer, maybe something's up...

I don't think anything is up, really. Why rush to send out $100 USD discount coupons to potential customers when if they wait longer, they may get too anxious and jump ship and pay the full price. Extra $100 in Fractal's pockets. It makes sense from a business standpoint, can't say I really approve since it was always advertised as a waiting list (as in, you put your name in and you will have the opportunity to buy one prior to anyone in the general public). I also thought the $100 discount was to bring it back down to the widely advertised price of $649 prior to completed manufacturing (so initially it would be $749 but people on the waitlist would get the coupon to discount it, and when the waiting list was satisfied, the price would be dropped to $649 for the general public like what happened with the Axe-FX standard and Ultra). I know I know, it's a bargain for all it does. Yeah, $750 would be. But i don't know if it'd be for me since I'm in Canada lol. ($749 USD+ $100 USD to ship via USPS+13% tax=$960USD=$1000 CDN. I guess it's still a bargain ;)

In all seriousness, I know much of that is not Fractal's fault and I'm more curious than upset. I'd love to know how long of a wait time I have. We have been roughly informed of how shipments of MFC's would be coming in that would satisfy the whole list, but we have no clue what our approx wait time is to receive our email coupon. I get that it's time consuming and no one's forcing Fractal to do it. Nice of 'em to, and I'd certainly appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom