So Who Received "The Email" and When Did You Get on the List

Re: So Who Received "The Email" and When Did You Get on the

flyingfadr said:
Robboman said:
I think it's quite likely there is a room full of MFCs sitting at FAS right now. We're just waiting for the final sign-off on the firmware, then emails to the wait-listers will go out at a pace that matches their ability to keep up with processing and shipping.

According to this guy, who wrote this on 8-31, there already IS a shipment sitting there at Fractal... why they're waiting...updating firmware...?

"So I visited Fractal Audio today, makers of the beloved Axe-FX...

The first thing I noticed when I walked in was a shitload of the anticipated MFC-101 MIDI floor boards. People have been waiting for these FOREVER and they're all done. They're obviously going to some artists first like Petrucci and Vai, but said in the next couple weeks he should have enough to start shipping them to us regular guys. He gave me a DEMO of the unit and it's REALLY cool. Not only does it have a great feature set, but the fact it's designed to fit properly into a rack might be the coolest idea ever. It's pretty expensive, but all the blinky lights make it all-right in the end."

Not cool.

Captain Obvious here.. just a thought to keep in mind. Fractal will quickly make a ton of money once the MFCs are ready to ship in quantity. Surely no-one is more motivated than they are to see them shipped out to all buyers as soon as possible.

Suppose they are sitting on a few thousand boxed MFCs fresh off the boat. They could just open the online store and start raking in cash right now. It's a compliment to them that they seem to be resisting a quick payday in favor of making sure the customer's experience with the MFC turns out to be as great as it was with the Axe-Fx itself.

The Axe-Fx userbase grew slowly over several years, but there might a few thousand of them ready to buy the MFC right now. Every order must be shipped fast with no logistical issues. The thing needs to work flawlessly out of box with no bugs or major useability issues. They probably need to flash the v1 firmware to every unit, burnin and test to make sure they're all good before they ship out. Even so, at these quantities they're bound to have a few new customers with failed units. FAS needs to be prepared to service them quickly in every individual case.

That's kinda what I figured.... I HOPE that question was NOT taken as a "diss" to Cliff or Fractal... it was just a genuine question... that's why I said "updating firmware ?".... I figured they would take a couple weeks to see what, if any updates that would need to be made to the firmware, from the beta-testers, etc.
It is definitely a testament to Cliff and Fractal that they want it "right" right out of the box... the posting of what someone else wrote on another forum was to try and stop all the dissing, and help everyone calm down, cuz if they have some of them in-shop, they'll be coming soon...

flyingfadr said:
That's kinda what I figured.... I HOPE that question was NOT taken as a "diss" to Cliff or Fractal... it was just a genuine question... that's why I said "updating firmware ?".... I figured they would take a couple weeks to see what, if any updates that would need to be made to the firmware, from the beta-testers, etc.
It is definitely a testament to Cliff and Fractal that they want it "right" right out of the box... the posting of what someone else wrote on another forum was to try and stop all the dissing, and help everyone calm down, cuz if they have some of them in-shop, they'll be coming soon...

Frankly, this sounds like a public confession about fake posts to calm people down. If testing was the main reason behind the delays, FAS would not have sold 5 units (at least) to the general public. In fact, there is no guarantee the units were sold to people that will give ever any feedback at all to FAS. Reason for delay FAILED!

The king is naked! Could the hype about the Axe-Fx all over the Internet be some kind of fabrication?

nah, they'll be here soon... I had one in my cart, but my cheapness failed to be able to pull the trigger.... THAT won't happen again ! ;)

Wizard9 said:
The king is naked! Could the hype about the Axe-Fx all over the Internet be some kind of fabrication?
:?: :?: :?: You must not have one... :roll:

Wizard9 said:
Might as well be since it's unlikely FAS can ship to your planet.

Wizard9 said:
Frankly, this sounds like a public confession about fake posts to calm people down. If testing was the main reason behind the delays, FAS would not have sold 5 units (at least) to the general public. In fact, there is no guarantee the units were sold to people that will give ever any feedback at all to FAS. Reason for delay FAILED!

I suppose this is possible, but if we are to consider all of the possibilities here, we must also consider the possibility that the CIA has seized control of Fractal for national security reasons and the possibility that you are completely nuts. It's important to explore all of the possibilities. :D

Old tactic... Make the one complaining look like a fool, and then say: “No, you made yourself look like a fool!”

No comments about the fake shi*load? No comments about the testing excuse? The king is naked and has a cold! :shock:

I'm one of those 5 people who bought one when Cliff offered them and mine works fine.

If you ask me, the king's clothes are still on from where I can see.

Wizard9 - haven't you bought and _sold_ two Ultra's already? Why believe the hype and "fabrication" a third time and get an MFC?

Oh... An insider! You guys play tough and have no ethics... But that is fine.

What do you have to do with what I buy and sell? Do I owe you money? Do I even know you? Get lost!

Wizard9 said:
Oh... An insider! You guys play tough and have no ethics... But that is fine.

What do you have to do with what I buy and sell? Do I owe you money? Do I even know you? Get lost!
:lol: cool it man. It's no problem for you to dish out the jabs but a tiny poke your way and you become all sensitive?

Allow me to explain: You were selling your Ultra on this very forum. I saw your ad, that's how I knew. In your ad you announced that this was your second Ultra. That's how much of an "insider" I am. Here, you're talking about fabrication, unjustified hype, suggesting the people are unable to see things for what they are (according to you) etc. It seems like you simply do not like Fractal and you do not like the members of the forum. So, why do you even bother? Do you feel you're contributing to something with your post or do you think this forum is a place for you to vent? Anyway, you don't have to answer that as I really don't care. Take it easy.

Wizard9 said:
Old tactic... Make the one complaining look like a fool, and then say: “No, you made yourself look like a fool!”

One question: Are you...Guitar-Tiz :?:

:lol:

no email yet... but I'm hoping it's soon... my controller is losing it's battle with life support... :(

Yeap... And that is why I told the almighty to ban me from this forum. He gave me 2 warnings. A 3rd is not needed. After all, he pays for the costs. He has his rights, and so do I.

As a bonus, I would like to formally ask to have my name removed from the MFC waiting list. No drama. I just do not agree with what I have seen so far, and do not like the head this subject is taking.

You will not hear from me again.

P.S.: No, I am not Guitar-Tiz, wnlively or anyone else you might have seen in this forum before.

bye Wiz, you'll be deeply missed :roll:

well that was a shock. NOT!!!

I am curious why you want to be removed from a list that, according to you, appears not to even exist. Funny guy you!!! Anyway I am sure you were very close to the bottom though...along with oops... typo... ;)

one less whiner. yay

Wizard9 said:
No, I am not Guitar-Tiz, wnlively or anyone else you might have seen in this forum before.

Are you related to Guitar-Tiz or wnlively? Seems like you all could have fallen out of the same family tree.

Back
Top Bottom