So Who Received "The Email" and When Did You Get on the List

Re: So Who Received "The Email" and When Did You Get on the

rickboot said:
Mike Snider said:
Way back when, when the wait list for the Ultra and Standard stretched for eternity, sometimes- there were units sold at full price outside the wait list to those willing to spend the extra cash. If i remember correctly, those units sold at full price were reserved for a customer service swap or some other backup ...and sold only when the need to have the reserve had past.
I imagine the MFC has similar units.

Everyone has the exact same access to the units available for sale. Those that happen to be online when the thread was posted benefited from timing, but paid $100 dollars more for a unit than someone on the wait list. Those units did not come from the units available for the wait list.
Fractal is not obligated to offer and maintain a wait list, i am grateful they do. I have been waiting unofficially about 3 years, officially just a bit less. When my number is called, I will buy one. Until then, i'll simply continue to play my guitar using the controller i have.

It isn't like there is a magic bin or different SKU for wait list units. The 5 units that sold *could* have been made available to people on the wait list. Personally, I was a little annoyed too but I'll wait until my name comes up. I've waited a few years, I can wait a bit longer.

Then you could have purchased it for $100 more, sit on the forum and wait for the announcement.
Fractal should not have to rearrange it's entire inventory system to account for 5 people.
IMO, Fractal *could* charge a lot more for the floor controller, I think we will be getting a bargain.

I thought I remembered getting on the list a long time ago; however, I couldn't really remember when. About two months ago I sent Fractal an email just to confirm I was on the list and, if for some reason I wasn't, to get on it. They replied back "Confirmed." I emailed back to check if I was confirmed as of that day or, if I was already on the list. They replied "already on the list." Last night I was on the forum and saw that it was getting close to the release date and I wanted to try to sell my Liquid Foot around the same time I get the Fractal so I sent them an email asking where I was at on the list...they replied "You're #1." I laughed out loud when I got the message, I had no idea.

No email yet, but I'll let everyone know when I get it.

Frankly, it is hard for me to believe we have so many saying "FAS could charge more", "it's a bargain", "nothing wrong with the waiting list", and so on. And these are the same guys accusing others of trolling.

I do understand the love for the Axe-Fx, but this kind of behavior is far beyond my comprehension. I have never seen that before, and I tend not to believe these are real users. Unless they are somehow hypnotized or under some kind of brain washing program.

This is absolutely insane. The arguments used here to justify FAS business practices are absolutely ridiculous, and as a customer I do feel these pratices are unfair. My point of view.

"We don't need you"... "Who cares about what you think?"... "Stop trolling!"... I know, I know... Anyone willing to pay $5K for the MFC? I am pretty sure this guy will be # 1 in the "waiting list".

Mike Snider said:
Then you could have purchased it for $100 more, sit on the forum and wait for the announcement.
Fractal should not have to rearrange it's entire inventory system to account for 5 people.
IMO, Fractal *could* charge a lot more for the floor controller, I think we will be getting a bargain.

IMO, what Fractal *could* charge has no bearing on this any more than 5 people would affect an inventory control system. We were told we were on waiting lists. We were told we would be getting a discount (as with the Axe-FX) for our patience.

Clearly we don't agree with what Cliff did. No point arguing that matter. Well... not unless that will get me a unit earlier. ;)

Wizard9 said:
Frankly, it is hard for me to believe we have so many saying "FAS could charge more", "it's a bargain", "nothing wrong with the waiting list", and so on. And these are the same guys accusing others of trolling.

I do understand the love for the Axe-Fx, but this kind of behavior is far beyond my comprehension. I have never seen that before, and I tend not to believe these are real users. Unless they are somehow hypnotized or under some kind of brain washing program.

This is absolutely insane. The arguments used here to justify FAS business practices are absolutely ridiculous, and as a customer I do feel these pratices are unfair. My point of view.

"We don't need you"... "Who cares about what you think?"... "Stop trolling!"... I know, I know... Anyone willing to pay $5K for the MFC? I am pretty sure this guy will be # 1 in the "waiting list".
I have never responded to any of your post- do not lump me in with anyone else.

i'm not getting into this any further, just not worth the time.
Im on the waiting list, as such i will wait until i get my email.

Mike Snider said:
i'm not getting into this any further, just not worth the time.
Im on the waiting list, as such i will wait until i get my email.

If promises were honored and you were anywhere from 1 to 5 in the MFC waiting list, the MFC should be knocking at your door at any moment. As this did not happen, I am assuming you are ready to wait for it as much as FAS wants, right?

Sad to hear this also happened in a previous Axe-Fx waiting list, and this makes me think the waiting list is just a demmand tool to make a case for their business model.

Guitarist..were an emotional lot arnt we :lol: well I for one am happy to wait for however long cliff wants..if he said mark I've decided to drop to to the back of the list..I would live on happily knowing he even said my name in a sentence..the creator of the ultra knew the name of an organ bank from sector 7G!! :D life is way to short..

Lets keep in mind, that it was refernced that basically the entire waiting list would be handled with the 1st shipment.
While I wish I was programming the MFC rather than painting the kitchen, the fact is, in the score of things, how much does it matter.

Hmm, wait, I take that back. I have a gig on the 18th. Est about 600-700 (ticket sales are exceeding expectations).My LFP was on the fritz (autoload, etc). It is fixed and on way back according to Jeff. But come the 17th and I have no controller, I might be singing a different song.

Curious, is anyone here gigging the AXE without a controller currently? If so I could feel your pain. I know, I had to do it again today.
If your not gigging, seriously, whats the rush?
If you are gigging with a controller, it has served you until now. Fairly positive you can make it a little more.
If you are gigging and your controller fritzed (like mine) I'll keep you in my prayers.

TBurst Std said:
Lets keep in mind, that it was refernced that basically the entire waiting list would be handled with the 1st shipment.
While I wish I was programming the MFC rather than painting the kitchen, the fact is, in the score of things, how much does it matter.

Hmm, wait, I take that back. I have a gig on the 18th. Est about 600-700 (ticket sales are exceeding expectations).My LFP was on the fritz (autoload, etc). It is fixed and on way back according to Jeff. But come the 17th and I have no controller, I might be singing a different song.

Curious, is anyone here gigging the AXE without a controller currently? If so I could feel your pain. I know, I had to do it again today.
If your not gigging, seriously, whats the rush?
If you are gigging with a controller, it has served you until now. Fairly positive you can make it a little more.
If you are gigging and your controller fritzed (like mine) I'll keep you in my prayers.

I am reading this post now and I don't like how it sounds. It to me, it sounds condenscending to non-giggers. That was not my intention. Rather than edit it as some might as already read it, I will try to detail my thoughts more clearly.

If you are using the AXE w/o a controller in a non gigging environment (IE: studio, home recording purposes, etc.) you (we) are provided with the opportunity of overdubs. In a live gig, this option is not available. that was the reason for the distinction of gigging.

TBurst Std said:
I am !
First gig with the Axe two days ago.
And I dont have any controller, yet : I've had my ultra for about six weeks and this is the time it took me to just make 5-6 acceptable patches.
This thing is wonderful but quite difficult to handle properly, so I was quite happy not to have more patches ready !
And learning to use (program) a controller will take even longer for a midignorant like me, so it's great that I've been on the waiting list (g66) for just two months :lol: :lol: :lol:
But still, I wouldnt mind getting my MFC anytime soon... but it will come one day.
:twisted:

To those who need to gig without a controller....if you have or plan to get a Mission expression pedal with the switch, you can use it now and also with the MFC1 when available.

Two TRS cables to the pedal inputs on the rear of AxeFX, one for exp and one for switch. Set the switch pedal to "INC PRESET", and define the preset range to two presets, say 1 - 2. So the switch will toggle between two presets. In each of these presets, you can set the EXP pedal to toe down bypass for wah, or other functions. I chose to use one two-amp preset, with the exp pedal panning from clean to dirty. The other preset is for lead, with wah in toe down bypass mode. So, with one pedal I can have clean, dirty, lead, and wah lead.

In performance, on the AxeFX you can quickly switch to two different presets in the range if needed. Also, if you manually change to a different preset say "3" on the AxeFX, hitting the switch will bring up your #1 preset and thereafter toggle as before. So you could use a different preset for special effect on an intro etc.

You can also do 3 or more presets, the switch will step through them and loop back to the first. IMO it's well worth setting up a few presets and carrying two extra cables "just in case."

tubetonez said:
To those who need to gig without a controller....if you have or plan to get a Mission expression pedal with the switch, you can use it now and also with the MFC1 when available.

Great idea, thanks !
I dont have those pedals yet (I have a pair of FV-500H, one for volume and one expression), and I'm waiting for the MFC for a lot more flexibility, but this sure looks a nice trick for "ultra-light" setups.
:twisted:

guittarzzan said:
I have no beef with big name artists and major contributors like Scott getting a controller before the rest of us on the waiting list, but, honestly, I DO feel like it's a bit of a slap in the face to everyone on the waiting list to sell 5 to anyone with a day off of work that day who was on the Fractal site. I highly doubt that Fractal was in dire need of the $500 extra dollars made by selling to the first 5 anybodies without the discount that day so why not just send emails to the top 5 on the wait list?
This surprised me because this company has exceeded my expectations with support and customer service etc in every other area. I still plan on getting one, but if I was one of the top 5 guys on the list and found out about this, I'd be pretty pissed. It's his company and he makes the rules, obviously, so who am I, but just another guy who's waited for this thing excitedly and who's wondering why the wait list was disregarded for the first 5 "public" units for sale.
Oh well. In the end, it's just a foot controller...not a cure for cancer. Putting things in perspective is a great life tool. :D

cheers,
Steve

I quoted the whole thing because honestly, I think everything Steve said in this post is reasonable and I agree completely. Can't we be Fractal fans without being total suckups? The last line resonates the most for me though, hence I'm not too worked up about it all. Besides as someone else pointed out it sounds like they'll have enough supply to cover the whole wait list (and then some) within the month. I'll hang in and wait for my email.

Soon this particular controversy will blow over and the next one will begin (when some guys start selling/trading their emailed coupon codes for the $100 discount).

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the old days when we all had to wait for our Axe-Fx it was so slow because they were assembling in-house. Later they moved to a US-based contract manufacturer to keep up with demand. FAS must have more money these days and the MFC is made in China (isnt it?) so it would make sense for them to place as large an order as possible. The larger the order, the lower the cost per unit right?

I think it's quite likely there is a room full of MFCs sitting at FAS right now. We're just waiting for the final sign-off on the firmware, then emails to the wait-listers will go out at a pace that matches their ability to keep up with processing and shipping.

Robboman said:
I think it's quite likely there is a room full of MFCs sitting at FAS right now. We're just waiting for the final sign-off on the firmware, then emails to the wait-listers will go out at a pace that matches their ability to keep up with processing and shipping.

According to this guy, who wrote this on 8-31, there already IS a shipment sitting there at Fractal... why they're waiting...updating firmware...?

"So I visited Fractal Audio today, makers of the beloved Axe-FX...

The first thing I noticed when I walked in was a shitload of the anticipated MFC-101 MIDI floor boards. People have been waiting for these FOREVER and they're all done. They're obviously going to some artists first like Petrucci and Vai, but said in the next couple weeks he should have enough to start shipping them to us regular guys. He gave me a DEMO of the unit and it's REALLY cool. Not only does it have a great feature set, but the fact it's designed to fit properly into a rack might be the coolest idea ever. It's pretty expensive, but all the blinky lights make it all-right in the end."

It wasn't a 'shipment', there were just a few sitting around, likely demo units. They'll have a bunch more coming in soon for everyone else. A 'shitload' was an exaggeration, there were probably about 5-6 of them. Then again I didn't think people would quote my post on another forum to use out of context in an argument on here :)

Ha ! It was you !
Wasn't really out of context, as I quoted exactly what you said about the MFC.... just left out stuff so nobody would get yelled at...

BUMMER if it was an exaggeration !.... was hoping we would all bet getting an MFC SOON... your post on the other forum was "a glimmer of hope" for all of us that are eagerly awaiting it's arrival, and hungry for ANY information on it...

zimbloth said:
It wasn't a 'shipment', there were just a few sitting around, likely demo units. They'll have a bunch more coming in soon for everyone else. A 'shitload' was an exaggeration, there were probably about 5-6 of them. Then again I didn't think people would quote my post on another forum to use out of context in an argument on here :)

THIS has got to be a conspiracy !

:)

Did Cliff get in touch with you and ask you to retract your statements ? I mean how could you write "sh*tload" and mean a few ? :?

gittarzann said:
THIS has got to be a conspiracy !

:)

Did Cliff get in touch with you and ask you to retract your statements ? I mean how could you write "sh*tload" and mean a few ? :?

Things that make you go ..., Hmmmmmmmmm :?:

No, I sent him a message on Facebook, thought he might like to know people are throwing his words around.

Back
Top Bottom