So whats your opinion on Apple music

This is shocking, it's like George Orwell's 1984! Thye take make you conform to thier view of how music should be listed and heard. I have all sorts of oddball tracks and albums that will not fit with Apple's sanitized peachy bubblegum U2 world.

For example I have 3 copies of The Who's 'Live At Leeds' in iTunes including a original 1970 vinyl rip with a scan of the worn record sleeve as artwork. There is a key track difference on Magic Bus that was 'cleaned up' for the CDs. Do I take the chance and lose that forever?

I have a vinyl rip of U2's ’Under A Blood Red Sky' with the extended section in The Electric Co. where Bono sings an excert from 'Send In The Clowns' that was later edited out of the CD version due to copyright issues.

I hunted down and purchased these old vinyl albums specifically to add to my collection. There is no way I am having Fruit Shaped Big Brother take these from me because of some algorithm!

'So, I've decided to take my work back underground to stop it falling into the wrong hands' The Prodigy 1994

Eventually, we have have to unplug from The Matrix

This is shocking, it's like George Orwell's 1984! They make you conform to thier view of how music should be listed and heard. I have all sorts of oddball tracks and albums that will not fit with Apple's sanitized peachy bubblegum U2 world.

For example I have 3 copies of The Who's 'Live At Leeds' in iTunes including an original 1970 vinyl rip with a scan of the worn record sleeve as artwork. There is a key track difference on Magic Bus that was 'cleaned up' for the CDs. Do I take the chance and lose that forever?

I have a vinyl rip of U2's ’Under A Blood Red Sky' with the extended section in The Electric Co. where Bono sings an excert from 'Send In The Clowns' that was later edited out of the CD version due to copyright issues.

I hunted down and purchased these old vinyl albums specifically to add to my collection. There is no way I am having Fruit Shaped Big Brother take these from me because of some algorithm!

'So, I've decided to take my work back underground to stop it falling into the wrong hands' The Prodigy 1994

Eventually, we may have to unplug from The Matrix

Ive been a spotify member then mog and now apple music. I think streaming really is the way to go. Ac/dc is on apple music! Really diggin it. Also, its cheaper than spotify if you buy itunes cards when on sale. I pick up the $50 cards for $40 on ebay so you are really only paying $8 a month.

Last edited:
Thye take make you conform to thier view of how music should be listed and heard. I have all sorts of oddball tracks and albums that will not fit with Apple's sanitized peachy bubblegum U2 world.
Feel the same in my case it has to do with the way I like my files named and tagged. I am an Amazon guy but have also used iTunes and sometimes, (most of the time) the tags have a little bit to be desired on both services. Example download some Led Zeppelin might show as “classic rock”, “rock”, “hard rock” or “heavy metal”. Also file names can be a problem for me. I like track number and song, 01 – my song. I hate something like –
01 – my song (blah blah blah blah)
The (blah blah blah blah) belongs, and in my case is, in the comment section of the tag not in the file name.

Bottom line don't need or want an outside service screwing with my Library.

John

If you have the song on disk, iTunes will not do anything to it. It won't rename it or replace it.

Caveat: back your stuff up before trying this.

If Amazon or Google every comes around to letting me put all my music there without a monthly fee AND phone connectivity gets better (at least in my area) then that would be tempting.

There's no free lunch. You're always paying, with your privacy or something else.

FYI, the skip limit doesn't apply to those that are part of the Apple Music subscription.

I know. I'd like to use Radio without these limits as the lists are, essentially, endless and algorithm-generated. The curated lists from Music are limited. There's no real reason to keep the skip limit on Radio now that Music is here.

The user interface is a mess with Apple. I use Rdio on my iPhone and its great. Like Rdio better than Spotify too. Sing selection wise all three seem same.... Although Apple had AC/DC and Taylor Swift and the others do not....

About the Android talks earlier...it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to use Apple music over Google play when the play service is built into the phone already with an added way of getting it for "free." You can get easy small amounts of money with Google surveys on your phone that can be used inside the play store. Letting it accrue I can easily pay off the monthly fee with what I earn from the surveys; these are the easiest surveys in the world I might add.

About the Android talks earlier...it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to use Apple music over Google play when the play service is built into the phone already with an added way of getting it for "free." You can get easy small amounts of money with Google surveys on your phone that can be used inside the play store. Letting it accrue I can easily pay off the monthly fee with what I earn from the surveys; these are the easiest surveys in the world I might add.

Have you considered the cost of your time? :)

In theory I love the idea of an ulimitied music library but that said I have that many albums in my itunes I have hardly listened to and want to listen to more but don't get the time

I also think it contributes to a disposable nature of music for the younger generations. When you buy an album you are invested in it. you may not love it on the first few listens but things grow on you over time . when you dont own it its like " first 30 seconds of that song sucks, skip "

They released an iTunes update that fixed the DRM download problem. It'll do a no-DRM download of the track if you have it in your iTunes Match library already.

After around a week with Apple Music, I stopped using it. Really, not much to offer that Spotify doesn't already do better. It's joined at the hip with the terrible iTunes interface.

More terrible cloud implementation by Apple. IMHO, another disappointment, like iTunes Match.

I personally, can't wait, to pay money for the rest of my life for something I will never own.

Why didn't I think of this before?
I long for the day when we can have food subscriptions...
And I will have great feeds for a short while..

Please someone tell me they aren't thinking about it?

They will be the people who say "I would pay for a firmware!"

Stupid people are making rich people rich!
And then complain about the distribution of wealth.

Has bells and whistles. Must iSubscribe!

STUPID.

As a consumer, I tend to think of it like cable television. I pay a monthly fee and get access to a lot more content than I can get for free (Cable TV vs. broadcast stations - Millions of songs on demand vs. local radio).

FWIW, I've used a $10 per month subscription for years with Rhapsody. With all the different new music I listen to in a month, it's a total bargain.

As far as Apple goes, I can't see that they are doing anything that others aren't.

As far as Apple goes, I can't see that they are doing anything that others aren't.

The one feather in their cap is they have the largest library available for streaming, bar none. The Beatles, for example, are on Apple Music. That will matter to some, not so much to other.

I went back to Rdio last week, where I've been a subscriber for 5+ years. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll start paying for Apple Music at the end of the trail. The whole "follow" thing feels like their shitty Ping idea, just named "Follow" instead of "Ping". I'm also no liking their new music interface. One of the things I enjoy in Rdio is new music Tuesdays.

I personally, can't wait, to pay money for the rest of my life for something I will never own.

Why didn't I think of this before?
I long for the day when we can have food subscriptions...
And I will have great feeds for a short while..

Please someone tell me they aren't thinking about it?

They will be the people who say "I would pay for a firmware!"

Stupid people are making rich people rich!
And then complain about the distribution of wealth.

Has bells and whistles. Must iSubscribe!

STUPID.

If I pay about $50 per month for music and I plan on doing that forever, doesn't it make sense for me to just pay $10 per month to Apple and have access to not only the music that I would have paid $50 per month for + almost everything else that has ever been recorded? Ownership of a CD or a download is overrated, we're not talking about a house or a guitar or something really tangible, you're talking about a piece of plastic.

Back
Top Bottom