So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

So there is a MIDI block we can put on the grid, and it can send up to 8 CC or PC messages per preset/scene change, sent via the MIDI OUT port. Could be so cool! I could send change commands to our lighting system when I change scene or go to a lead patch/scene. But sounds like it doesn't change on Channels? And would I have to use the MIDI OUT, MIDI cable and purchase some converter to get it back to my PC? Or can I route the MIDI OUT over USB.

If it can only send out messages on scene or Preset change it would be a disaster for my automation setup. :(

Has anyone yet asked/answered how big the Grid is?

I mean, how many columns long, how many rows deep?

(It's killin' me waiting for a manual to appear for this thing. I want to know all about it right now! :D)

MFC-101 iii-------(FASLINK)FX II XL+(MIDI OUT)-----(MIDI IN)FX III
Do I understand that correctly?
The MFC can only be used with the Axe Fx III via a midi cable, and only as a generic midi controller.

You can't use FASLink... You can connect a midi cable from the midi out on the MFC to the midi in on the Axe Fx III.

I think he’s saying connect MFC to XL+ via FASLink and then XL+ to III via MIDI. Using Xl+ as a glorified adapter. :)

The MFC can only be used with the Axe Fx III via a midi cable, and only as a generic midi controller.

Can you clarify this point? I understand the MIDI cable part, but is there no planned MFC-101 firmware update that will add "Axe FX III mode" so that we can see preset names and other Axe-Fx specific info on the MFC?

Back
Top Bottom