So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

This would be nice, but I wouldn't expect it. Apparently, drivers are key and most company's don't write their own; they use drivers supplied by the USB controller manufacturer. At least, that's what I have read. Companies like RME write their own, and you pay for it big time. If the Axe III can run with a 32 sample buffer, I'll be even more bummed about not buying one.

Thanks. I was wondering cause I use a RME sound card right now and I would love that kind of performance in the Axe-Fx III (it's not in the II XL currently).

Channels!!!

Channels are the cat's sphincter. Many blocks, including the amp block, have four channels. Channels switch instantly.
Amp block has four channels, channels switch instantly...
Can you switch amp models by channel?
E.g. One Amp block in preset. Channel 1 = USA Clean, Channel 2 = USA Rhythm, Channel 3 = USA Lead. Therefore you can switch between amp models instantly, which you could never achieve with the predecessors?

doesn't the Tremolo block already do this in the II and AX8? i thought it did.
No it doesn't. Try to make a square tremolo (1/4 tempo) and try to play along with a recording. The tempo will match, but the start will be off sync.

Amp block has four channels, channels switch instantly...
Can you switch amp models by channel?
E.g. One Amp block in preset. Channel 1 = USA Clean, Channel 2 = USA Rhythm, Channel 3 = USA Lead. Therefore you can switch between amp models instantly, which you could never achieve with the predecessors?

Yes. "Channels" is the new "XY".

Yes. "Channels" is the new "XY".
I acknowledge that, but X/Y had gaps. I just want to check that this is as it sounds - four amp blocks (or eight if you use two actual blocks), within a preset, that change seamlessly.

If that actually works, and actually is the case, then that's a total killer.

I acknowledge that, but X/Y had gaps. I just want to check that this is as it sounds - four amp blocks (or eight if you use two actual blocks), within a preset, that change seamlessly.

That is the case..

That is the case..
As well as the Cab block too. 4 channels, each channel can mix up to 4 IRs....

Another cool thing is the Cab block.

IMG_0906_cab.jpg

You can mix up to four IRs each with independent Pan, Distance, Proximity, Smoothing (De-phase). And it has four channels so you can switch between four completely different mixes, instantly.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

I am glad to hear that, but many told me the mk2 was too, and I could not use it near mics, and had to keep switching it off all the time
Does anyone use one near mics?

The MK2 was hit or miss with the fans. Mine was extremely noisy and I replaced it. I had used others that were pretty quiet. The XL solved those issues. With all the hoopla about fan noise in the past I have no doubts that Cliff and company made sure, being that the III is now a much more robust interface, that the fan noise is NOT an issue,

We completely rewrote the Looper. Over five minutes of stereo recording with undo.
Looking forward to manual coming out so I can learn looper functionality. Hopefully designers/coders took a hard look at Ableton and other products to learn what competition is doing, see who's doing most feature enabled stuff and develop something better. For example, I like the individual loop engines in Ableton, how they sync to a single tempo, and how they enable the user to create separate song sections (A, B, C) vs. one musical statement/section looping for f-ing ever (god that drives me crazy!)

Back
Top Bottom