So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

I agree on the time based effects as well, but that cab block makes a big difference for me. I have picked up a lot of user IRs over the years, and I probably won't even bother with user slots. The options provided, and the ability to mix up to four of them in the block and change the spacing and proximity are much better than in the previous run. And for as many as there are, it's actually pretty easy to go through and find the ones you want to try.

One thing I like a lot about the III compared to the IIXL, is when it gets turned off or on, the pop is very quiet now. Of course, everything else is awesome. Another aspect is using the front panel, which is really easy, I'm approaching things in a different way that the with the IIXL. There are a couple of things I found that I'm pretty sure are in the IIXL, but going in from a different direction caused me to try them.

One thing I like a lot about the III compared to the IIXL, is when it gets turned off or on, the pop is very quiet now. Of course, everything else is awesome. Another aspect is using the front panel, which is really easy, I'm approaching things in a different way that the with the IIXL. There are a couple of things I found that I'm pretty sure are in the IIXL, but going in from a different direction caused me to try them.
If you have a pop, you're power on/off sequence is wrong...

Turn amp or powered speaker OFF first and ON last.

Goodness right out of the box!!! My favorite thing about the III just like my AX8 & XL is the stock presets are awesome!! I like to add a little delay and increase the reverb mix but other than that not much needs to be done for me. I have amassed upwards of $500 in IRs for other rigs in the past three years, I really don't feel or hear the need to import any of them. It took me about 1/2 to learn to get around the interface, but now I'm off to the races. Working on a video of clean & ambient demos. Congrats Fractal you hit this one out of the park!!!!!

who the hell can listen to guitar on that sample rate?.... pfft

48k sounds great, and I understand why its more-or-less the optimal sample rate for the application. I ask because of the need to use the optical outputs while tracking, and I have a lot of sessions that come in at other sample rates, thus needing to sample convert sessions.

How seamless is the channel switching ? on the WIKI is says it's "pretty seamless".
Is there zero gap ?

Search for 'switching' with the author as FractalAudio. There is an mp3. It's also seamless if you use two amp blocks in the same preset.

Back
Top Bottom