So, what's everyone's favourite amp model?

I think I've pretty well dialed in my holy grail tone for 70s-era classic rock dirt now... SV 1 Bass model, change the power tubes to 6L6, master set at 6, bass 5 mids 6 treble 6-6.5, dial in the amount of drive, stock 4x12 V30 cab. drive blocks are a micro boost and treble boost

Last edited:
6505 Lead for rhythm, USA PRE Yellow for leads. I have a patch set up with these two X/Y with some of Fremens cabinets. Absolutely crushing. Sort of annoyed with the minor delay in amp changing with the scene switching... best tone I've ever had!

The other day it was the Friedman HBE. Now it is the JMP-1 models. That was my favourite pre-amp before the Fractal Audio era (and I've tried the most expensive ones). Now I am glad that I have rescued it. It was my favourite for a reason: instant gratification without having to waste too much time with cabs and tweaks. I am pairing it with the 2x12 MAR-66 OH-GREEN U70 OH, and it rocks.

The last few weeks the Brit super ,guitar volume down ,clean , guitar volume up ,mean 😎

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom