So, what's everyone's favourite amp model?

I've always been a Mesa Mark and EVH fanboy, but the new Friedman 18 C45 is seriously "taking ass, kicking names" lately, LOL.

I still stick mostly to my favorites, but since the last firmware I feel that there are a LOT more amps that could easily become favorites.

I like the Atomica because you can leave everything at the stock settings, fire up a decent IR, set the low cut at 80hz, plug in any guitar and go play rock music. The C++ is the opposite; very particular to dial in and fussy with guitars, but an absolute monster for hard rock and metal. The Tweed Deluxe is my favourite for clean(ish) tones at the moment.

For high gain, especially live, I love the FAS Modern III. Just throw a good IR at it and you're good to go, no need for boosting.

I also love the Orange stuff. Especially the clean channel (i think there's only one, not sure about the amp) is my go-to amp for rock stuff and anything to build up with pedals.

Not possible to pick just one, that's my reason for buying the ax8.

I am still new to fractal world, and don't have the time to tweak, but my two faves so far are Leon Todd's XTC XBLUE YRED (Scene 3), and Larry Burroughs Urban 5F8 presets

I'm really into the Fender amps.
Double Verb.
Tweed Twin,
Deluxe
65 Bassman
Fractal Class A (Vox I know but very great clean)

On the high gain side I like the

Bludo
Hook.

I only really use two models: 1987X JUMP for crunch and Band-Commander for clean. Given the nature of my band's music (progressive metal), I use the 1987X the majority of the time, but the Band-Commander sounds so great, it really is hard to pick just one. (Still, two out of 200+ is pretty good, eh?)

Back
Top Bottom