So, what's everyone's favourite amp model?

I am using the OH F-man 6pack with V93(Mesa V30) + M93(best greenback IR ever) SM57 + R121 + ribbon 70 something..best IR ever, using it live for everything. for monitors I have 2 Friedman ASM´s in stereo..godly tone ! /,,/
i have that cab pack,so you are using 3 irs SM57 + R121 + ribbon 70? or is a mix

i have that cab pack,so you are using 3 irs SM57 + R121 + ribbon 70? or is a mix
That´s IR from Summary Folder (V93 + M93), I have found that those summary files are the best using live, so full and cutting at the same time :)
I have used that combination for our new single release, which is btw posted in AX8 sub-forum if you would like to check it out :)

Last edited:
That´s IR from Summary Folder (V93 + M93), I have found that those summary files are the best using live, so full and cutting at the same time :)
I have used that combination for our new single release, which is btw posted in AX8 sub-forum if you would like to check it out :)
ahh ok,thank you for letting me know buddy,

Last edited:
I use a lot of different high gain amps (5153, Savage, Mesa Mark IV, Friedmans) but for other stuff I pretty much use Orange Rockerverb or my new love, the Gibtone. The Gibtone with a strat is amazing. I just crank the input drive and put some drive pedals in front and it gives the most amazing grit sound. Or clean-ish sound. The Nuclear Tone cab (or what was it called? Nuclear anyhow.) works really well in a mix.

The Gibtone with a strat is amazing. I just crank the input drive and put some drive pedals in front and it gives the most amazing grit sound. Or clean-ish sound. The Nuclear Tone cab (or what was it called? Nuclear anyhow.) works really well in a mix.
Interesting cab choice being that the Atomic Space Tone amp was based on the Scout ;)

From yek's amp guide regarding the Gibtone model:

If you prefer an evolved version of the Scout, try the Nuclear-Tone model. It is based on the Swart Atomic Space Tone (AST) which was inspired by the Gibson Scout.

It's been nearly 12 months since i posted this. Right now i'm obsessed with the Friedman C45,Dirty Shirley and Deluxe Reverb. I've since added a Marshall 9100 power amp with my GFlex 212 and preferring that to direct tones. Monstrous tones. :)

After a LOT of messing with so many models the Bludojai has been my go to now. Can roll off volume for good cleans and is great for any classic rock tone. Great sounding amp.

Thx so much for the hint, actually an instant classic, i get the sound of Carlos @ the end of the eighties out of it, wanted this forever. so many patches, thx for the tipp. cu

I am doing a lot of tracking right now. Using the jtm jumpered, bass on 0 everything else on 10 for cleanish grit. Add a tubescreamer for more grit. Great power amp harmonics. For high gain the herbie 2+ and 6505. And sometimes the splawn, atomica, and 5153 red. Even though I have been fractal since 2009, I am still blown away how easy it is to get great sounding guitar tracks in record time.

For double tracked rhythm guitars, I got a nice and clear wide rock sound with Friedman HB on the other track and a tubescreamer driven AC30 on the other side. For leads, I found the Dirty Shirley to be really nice for some tracks.

Interesting cab choice being that the Atomic Space Tone amp was based on the Scout ;)

From yek's amp guide regarding the Gibtone model:
I haven't actually tried the Nuclear Tone, but I think the cab was recommended by Yek, because the Gibson speaker isn't in the factory IRs.

I'll definitely give the Nuclear Tone a try at some point.

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was going to end up being a photocopy of the amp list from the manual. But this is great - hearing how these different amps are used, along with other effects, etc. Learning a lot!

Lately for classic rock (Stones/Beatles, etc) I've been using the Tweed Twin 5F8 amp almost exclusively. It's got some nice grit (but not too much) when my guitar volume is full, then cleans up when I dial it back or use the rhythm pickup. It's not easy finding an amp model that mimics some of the Beatles studio tones... I've searched far and wide and haven't found the holy grail yet, but this comes very close. It's great at cutting through our band mix.

Lately for classic rock (Stones/Beatles, etc) I've been using the Tweed Twin 5F8 amp almost exclusively. It's got some nice grit (but not too much) when my guitar volume is full, then cleans up when I dial it back or use the rhythm pickup. It's not easy finding an amp model that mimics some of the Beatles studio tones... I've searched far and wide and haven't found the holy grail yet, but this comes very close. It's great at cutting through our band mix.
what cab is nice for 5f8?

Back
Top Bottom