So, what's everyone's favourite amp model?

I think the amp I tweaked easier and liked a lot was the das metal :)
I am a mesa boogie fanboy and since i was bad at tweaking both my mark v and the axefx amp, I was half happy.

Than came leon todd and now it's mark 2c+ and 4

As everybody else I guess, I´ve spent mant hours trying diffrent amps at home and at gigs. But the new friedmans that came with the latest firmware are the best so far to me.

Princeton Reverb for clean(ish) tones. It breaks up beautifully and takes drive pedals very well. Friedman BE for my rock tones. Slap a BB preamp in front of it for awesome, harmonic-rich, lead tones. Honorable mention to the 59 Bassman that is a perfect match for single coil pickups and goes from clean to dirty with no issue at all.

I like them all....I like them all....I like them all....and I like them now.

See what I did. :rolleyes:

For me the Solo 100 Crunch is a great amp for classic rock. It also really cuts through the mix well so for nights when stage volume gets loud this amp is money. I also love the Friedman 2018 for a great all around rock tone. AC-20 is also great since it covers a lot of ground.

All the 5150 models (Peavey, EVH and FAS), VHT/Fryette Deliverance, Brit AFS100 / 800 MOD / 800 #34, all the JVM models, all the Rectifier models, Bogner Ueberschall, Spawn Nitrous, Friedman HBE 2018... just to name a few for a my high gain stuff :D

For crunch, I've been on the Friedman BE and DS models.
For clean I love the AC20. It is juicy and beautiful.

Ha, My absolute favorite amp... is the one that get's me the tone I'm chasing after :D that's why this little black box is so amazing.

In all seriousness, I'm a Rock, classic rock type of guy so the Vox variants, JCM's the Triptics are great for this as well. The latest firmware has the Fenders on the Radar as of late.

Nuclear Tone. Or was it the Morgan AC20? Nope, it's the Nuclear Tone for sure. Wait, there's the Triptik Modern that I used for that song, yeah that was THE one. Then again there was the week I used the Wrecker Lvrpool, that's the one for sure, but then again I remember the.....

When I first got the AX8 (a month or so ago), I quickly flipped through a couple of amp models and tripped over the Deluxe Reverb.

For the last month that’s all I have played. Just great. What’s even better is the thought that there’s hundreds more great amps to choose from bottled up in this thing. Man, did I choose wisely!

Friedman BE 2018 for high gain
Morgan AC20 for that Vox/Deluxe cleans
JTM45 for spanky cleans up to classic rock crunch

Others I really like include the Double Reverb, TX Star Clean, 5153 Blue, and a lot of the ones mentioned here. I love threads like this though, I'll have to check out some new ones.

Last edited:
Nobody can eat just 1.

For clean The Lonestar and Vox AC 30tb. For rocking, The Plexi and Tucana. Then there is the in between stuff.

Back
Top Bottom