So what does everyone think Of the Helix?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hey guys,

Just putting it out there now that some of us have our FX8's. What's everyone's views on Line 6's Helix compared to the FX8? I'd be interested in hearing it for myself but I'm than happy with my FX8.

I thought about one very briefly. Then, I looked at my HD500X and remembered how much I hated it. I never use amp sims, and the chorus just did nothing for me. The delays were nice, until I A/B'd them against the G-System or any TC delays for that matter. I did really like the size though.
If the Helix had Scenes, I might have given it a try, but I'm very glad Fractal came out with the FX8.
In one of the videos, they try to show how strong the chassis, but if you look closely, when the guy is stepping on the handle you can see the LCD flexing.

I'd try a used one when the price goes down though.......:mrgreen

I remember when I had my Ultra and we were all talking about what the AxeFxII was going to be like...I imagined it would be a lot more like Helix than what the II actually is today.
The advanced interface seems to be missing from the industry's 'best modeler'.

That's what I find myself thinking about Helix. That, and if the amp sounds are close enough to the AxeFx, the AxeFx III had better have a new user interface, one that is worthy of what is under the hood or it might not stay at the top for long.

I'll have to say that about the helix. Just a week before I first heard of it, I was looking at my gear setup after a church service and thinking about tearing it down again. And mostly about how much easier to carry and setup and teardown, well, everything would be if I didn't have to have the 19" rack in between.

But also how I am so spoiled with the LCD screens on my LF+, and that the AX8 doesn't have those...

And how I need a fly rig for a trip in November... I am on the list for an amplifire, but I think it will not come to Europe in time. Also, three buttons are not enough for me live so I'll need a midi pedal. Small midi pedals are almost as expensive as the amplifire...

And lo and behold... 5 days later I learn of this thing.

Back
Top Bottom