So what do you think is on the horizon for the axe fx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webe123

Inspired
I was wondering this since the tigersharc chips used to make the axe fx II were being phased out.

(And yes, I understand they will not be phased out right away, but eventually, their production cycle will come to an end.)

Do you think Cliff will go to a software based system?

Or do you think he will simply find a replacement for the tigersharc chips and make an axe fx III with them?

OR ....could he go a totally different different direction and maybe make a new system?

What do you think?

If the CPU no longer produced, they will be replaced with better new CPU's, and Axe FX 3 Will be released, which will sound just like the last version of AXE2, at first. The development of Axe 2 would stop.
This won't happen any time soon.

Improved grid plate induction
Improved power amp simulation
Improved triode hardness
Improved "feel"
Improved "hair"
Improved "note bloom"
More subjective terms and adjectives
More "something else you never knew you needed"
Longer lasting erections....

If the CPU no longer produced, they will be replaced with better new CPU's, and Axe FX 3 Will be released, which will sound just like the last version of AXE2, at first. The development of Axe 2 would stop.
This won't happen any time soon.
This. Especially that last part. We're talking about a completely new engineered system, which might be in the early stages of development at most.

I think that will be added to the AXE a great coffee machine! Hot and tasty coffee while you play! Yesss!

An updated MFC controller.

Maybe, maybe an Ultra version of the AX8; and probably that before the Axe FX III (or Axe FX Infinity!!!).

I doubt anything is going to change. If they've discontinued a CPU, it's because there is a better one being made, so he still has plenty of options.

Looks like they have no more components to make them and no alternative to continue production. I'm sure they are working on something to replace it. Below is the report on it, from Analog Devices.
http://www.analog.com/media/en/PCN/ADI_PDN_16_0008_Rev_-_Form.pdf
Edit: This is just info I found. I don't know anything about the TigerSHARC, other than the obvious,
inclusion in the axe unit. I wouldn't be to over excited about it. Someone else posted the report
already somewhere else I saw. Just curious, do not want to ruffle feathers, lol.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it. Im sure fractal is well aware and there is enough supply to go around for a LONG time.
So no need to worry, about the axe. The internet gives us too much information. Cliff and the gang will have a
solution with plenty of time to spare and probably will be a better product. Just play your guitar and don't worry.
I don't even have one yet and I am not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom