So unless I missed it in the manual...

Seems a lot of folks think the Axe3 will deliver a lot of wishlist requests. My own take on it is that the Axe 3 is delivering a new and much more powerful platform for future development along with a few, but not many, initial wishlist treats in the first firmware version.

I disagree. I cleaned out my personal wishlist thread and was able to strike many requests that have been implemented in the III. At some time we’ll go through the Wishes subforum and mark those.

How often do you guys tune? For me the tuner is the last thing i care about, i just tune with whatever tuner i have before each set and it stays pretty much solid in tune the whole time.
Every 2 songs usually. Even if it stays "in tune" it's never perfect. Especially with sweat, playing harder live, that damn G string, etc.

In the studio even more. Every couple takes.

I asked a high level pro tech once why he wasn't using a polutune.
"I still have to double check every string. It takes exactly the same amount of time."

I never understood the point of polytuners either.

Does the new box contain new tuner logic do you know Matt, or is it a port straight over? (entirely happy with the II's tuner, but just curious!)

Anyone tried the 'String Butler'? Aparently these fix the sharp string angles at the nut and remediate the les paul tuning issues. I haven't tried yet.
Thanks
Pauly

So I'm not crazy. Every epi/gibby I've owned refuses to have an in-tune G string. Strat hangs on the wall for months and is still in tune.

I asked a high level pro tech once why he wasn't using a polutune.
"I still have to double check every string. It takes exactly the same amount of time."

I’m with Matt.

I’ve had a Mini PolyTune on my board for ages. And it’s great for a quick check between songs. But indeed, you always have to tune each string afterwards.

i don't understand polyphonic tuners. i just roll through the strings and tune the one that's off. my gig partners who use a polytune take longer to tune than i do because they have to wait till it switches views. and funny thing, they roll through each string individually anyway. so they play all strings, see that something is out, then roll through all strings one by one, then play all strings again. i just don't get it.

fortunately you can plug a Polytune pedal in front of the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom