So this just happened...

Steinmetzify

Inspired
Got a buddy that I go back and forth with on SSO trading Axe patches.....I live in an apt with elderly neighbors downstairs, and that was one of the reasons I bought the Axe in the first place...we were talking about power amps and cabs and what not, and he asked what I had here.....told him about the Peavey Bandit TransTube I keep around here for fun, and he asked if I'd ever run it thru, and I said no.

Long story short, I ran a really long cable from the output on the Axe to the FX loop of the Bandit, set up a few patches with the cabs going thru and blam......holy crap.

Also figured out that I could load up Reaper and throw a drum track in there and have that playing, and it comes out of the cab at the same time....so I get a gigantic 1x12 60w SS poweramp with a decently large 1x12 cab under it blasting drums and riffs. So fuckin sick.

Also, I forgot that it'd run all the audio as well since the Axe turns into a soundcard, so when I hit a friend's NGD post and checked the clip it came ROARING out at me thru the amp and scared me half to death. :lol Sounded really good though!

Anyway....gotten used to headphones, but it's nice to be able to have a Recto to slam on at decently loud volumes again, if I so choose. This thing just continues to amaze....best piece of gear I've bought in years.

Thanks, Fractal guys.

Sounds like a fun day. It's a trait of good gear... those surprising "damn, that sounds sweet" moments. Been spending the day playing my old 1978 Yamaha SA2000 through the settings I use for the PRS 513s I normally play, and it is astonishing how good the sounds are... not even tweaked for this guitar. As my UK friends would say, "Great piece of kit, this..."

Back
Top Bottom