So there is this 2K$ unit that just does cabs/mic sims ...

hunter

Experienced
... and loadbox. Anyone tried it or heard about it?

Seems to be a small company like FAS and a dedicated bunch of blokes too.

What do you think?

http://www.two-notes.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_Qcpm4i7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCCpv5VNFDk

front.jpg

back.jpg

There was much discussion at some point a few months back about that.

I do not recall the particulars; but my feeling personally was cool.... but meh.

Scott Peterson said:
There was much discussion at some point a few months back about that.

Yeah, Armin was the OP.

I just spent several minutes searching for it, without success.
What the f**k?! I doubt it got erased by a forum malfunction, because it lasted several days with at least four or five pages in length.

Like the concept of loading down an amp and doing the rest in the box.

I gotta try putting my Ecstasy on the internal load and doing some recording with the Axe' effects and speaker sims to see what it does.

There was a thread about that on HRI, two weeks or so ago. Did you notice it?

I remember Cliff saying (in the thread on our forum) that it works in the same manner as the cab sim on the Axe-Fx and
the main difference would be mainly up to the IRs used.

I know of one or two people who liked the cab sim of the Torpedo alot better than the Axe-Fx one.
If both rely on just IRs, I'd like someone to capture their favourite settings on the Torpedo as an IR and load it into the AFx and
compare.

Sounds pretty good, for a cab IR and load box to me it seams kind of pricy. If your dead set on using a tube amp I guess this box would give the best of both worlds.

i have bought the torpedo vb 101 , it will be at home next week i think, i'll tell you more about it. :cool:
still have my axe fx.best of both world ;-)

Waiting for your review…

[OT]Do you still use the JMP1 with your Ultra ? How does it compare with the Axe-Fx JMP1 model ?[/OT]

fremen said:
Waiting for your review…

[OT]Do you still use the JMP1 with your Ultra ? How does it compare with the Axe-Fx JMP1 model ?[/OT]

yes , still my jmp1 in the axe-fx.
the axe fx jmp1 is great too, but as i'm listening to very sensitive players (jeff beck, john mayer, david gilmour) etc, because i like to play in that style, i need a sound like this.you can find it in the axe, but i feel more confortable with a tube preamp, in term of "feeling in the finger" , not in the sound...so it works like this...

I'll be curious to see a review, also. The IRs on this are quite a bit longer than those on the Axe-FX, I believe. As they damned well better be for that kind of money. :)

The audio samples I've seen on the Internet sound good, but not loads better than what I've heard from some of the better Axe-FX clips that people have posted here.

profusion said:
The audio samples I've seen on the Internet sound good, but not loads better than what I've heard from some of the better Axe-FX clips that people have posted here.

maybe in the metal music, but in the "crunch" territory , i think an amp in the torpedo sound better
for example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wwr_MWdHd8&fmt=18

boogie dc3 with torpedo (the guy is great guitar playe ras you can see !)

maybe you can approach this, but it's in the feel when you play that it's different too.

axe fx is a really great gear, i'm not ready to sell it, it's like, let's say, a great , great synth.you can have fun with great synth today and really good sensation.

real amp is like a real piano to me...different...
pb of the amp is you have to make it sound loud to have the great sound.torpedo is the answer to that, that's why i bought it + it has great features about sim (mic placement etc etc)

ang said:
WOW that little wing video was amazing

I liked it until he went all malmsteen... He did a great job at interpreting the piece and maintaining the tonality of every chord -precisely what Jimi did- until he started shredding. Then it was just guitarsterbation.

Sidivan said:
I liked it until he went all malmsteen... He did a great job at interpreting the piece and maintaining the tonality of every chord -precisely what Jimi did- until he started shredding. Then it was just guitarsterbation.
I can't check youtube vids at work, but from your words, I guess it's Tristan Klein playing ?

stef herbuel said:
maybe in the metal music, but in the "crunch" territory , i think an amp in the torpedo sound better
for example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wwr_MWdHd8&fmt=18

boogie dc3 with torpedo (the guy is great guitar playe ras you can see !)

His sound there was good, but it doesn't seem like it would be impossible with an Axe-FX. It still lacks some of the depth that you get with a real speaker.

I know what you mean about the real amps, though. I use a power amp and isolation cabinet in the FX Loop of my Axe-FX in place of the cabinet sims, and I notice a real difference when I incorporate an outboard tube preamp and power amp in place of the Axe-FX's amp sims. However, the convenience factor still drives me to use the amp sims most of the time.

If I had a spare $2,000 laying around, I'd probably pick up a Torpedo just to try it out, though they don't have a U.S. distributor yet.

profusion said:
His sound there was good, but it doesn't seem like it would be impossible with an Axe-FX. It still lacks some of the depth that you get with a real speaker.

i'm sure you could copy but i doubt chords sound so "open" ...from what i have tested with the axe fx and what i v'e heard, there was something i missed that i find in these samples.hard to explain in word, especially in english.
that's why , soon after i've bought the axe fx, i started plug in the back (rear input) because i feel the front input to much compressed.it's not all about the sound, it's about "sensation"...

profusion said:
If I had a spare $2,000 laying around, I'd probably pick up a Torpedo just to try it out, though they don't have a U.S. distributor yet.
here's how i see the things : a lot of guitarist (more than we can think) have 2 , 3 expensive amp or 2 ,3 expensive guitar.... i think i prefer sell one of my amp or my guitar and buy a torpedo : why ?
because we all have pb with amp sound , 1st for the volume, you have to play them loud , after for the mic and acoustic of your room.
the torpedo take these pb out.ok there was palmer before, but the "color" of the sound was a bit "fixed" ...
here it's very flexible cab, mic placement, and midi ...one cab for your overdrive sound, one other for your clean sound.
ok i also really like axe fx and i will use it with torpedo ..but i've found that i really like the "reaction" , the "ffeling" of real tube and real amp.
play my rivera at night with power amp crancked in my headphone with ability to put great hp and mic sim behind ..hability to use it live, the midi option ...the fact that if you record with your band in a studio and have to re re your guitar tracks and can do it at home with great quality in the weet spot of your amp.... is something every guitar player want...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x94264 ... ation_tech

it's the price of a good amp..ok
eventide is a price of a good amp too....

and it's not axe fx aginst torpedo, thes eare 2 diiferent product, and i want both ;-)

fremen said:
Sidivan said:
I can't check youtube vids at work, but from your words, I guess it's Tristan Klein playing ?

Yes it is! Good guess!

Back
Top Bottom