So the wife and I finally did it......

Pwrmac7600

Power User
We are buying our first Home!
This is a first for both of us, and we are both extremely nervous to say the least.
To add to being nervous, the sellers are looking to be out before thanksgiving, so we have a quick turn around to get our mortgage completed. Which is adding a ton of stress as I am the one handling the mortgage.
Man people weren't kidding when they said it would be the most exciting and most stressful time of our life.

The awesome thing is, lol (as if buying a house wasn't awesome enough) we managed to find a house with a finished basement, which I am already dreaming up my home studio ideas that I will never be able to afford because we now own a home. LMAO!!!

Well, just super excited, and wanted to share, thanks for listening!

Congrats! It’s a strange time, to say the least, but I doubt we’ll ever see interest rates this low again in our lifetimes. If the time is right for you, it’s a great time to buy. Where’s the house?

Congratulations! Buying a home is one of the best, most important things you can do to help manage and grow your wealth. I'm reminded of a saying for growing personal wealth: "1) Pay yourself ever payday, by saving/investing for your future (retirement), 2) Buy a home, and 3) Pay off your home as soon as possible"... words of wisdom.

Last edited:
This is a first for both of us, and we are both extremely nervous to say the least.
To add to being nervous, the sellers are looking to be out before thanksgiving, so we have a quick turn around to get our mortgage completed. Which is adding a ton of stress as I am the one handling the mortgage.
Man people weren't kidding when they said it would be the most exciting and most stressful time of our life.

The awesome thing is, lol (as if buying a house wasn't awesome enough) we managed to find a house with a finished basement, which I am already dreaming up my home studio ideas that I will never be able to afford because we now own a home. LMAO!!!

Been eyeballing some of the 55+ places in northern Ocean Co.

Congratulations! It's going to feel HUGE until about your first mortgage payment and then it'll start to normalize. Don't let the stress kill you. Moving is all about accepting the chaos.

We re-fi’ed my house just a day or two before the COVID lockdown. I showed up to closing and my rate was 1/8 point lower than all of the paperwork I had signed pre-closing. That was a very pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom