So Tempted

Fair price or not, seeing that picture and imagining that mountain of amps in a room inside my house.... almost brings a tear to my eyes. And a huge fat smile to my face!

I love vintage :)

Maybe it's time to set up a donation account. It would be cool if there were multiple accounts for specific amps. Then we could donate towards the amps we wanted to have modeled. The money could go to purchasing (or to help purchase) the amp or to help fund shipping and handling if someone had an amp they were willing to lend to be modeled. Any excess could go into a pool that Cliff could redistribute where needed to get additional amps. Just a thought...

I was jammin' at 2am this morning with the same bunch of amps in my studio! Wild!!

.......then my wife woke me up! :-(

Personally I think FW10 is the Fender edition -- ok Fender V1 if the collection is acquired.

Being able to capture the beauty of these amps for all eternity and for folks to enjoy all over the world I think would be wonderful -- sort of like the digitizing of all books in the public domain so anyone with access to a computer can read them.

Technology can be a beautiful thing!

I total agree with the idea of capturing and preserving the essence of these amps, but what sucks is at some point in the future these modeling methods will be considered old hat and something better will replace them. Then it would be like trying to convert your VHS recordings to 1080p. It ain't gonna happen.

So I see a plan that Mr. Cliff Chase may have. Over time buy up all of the major collections and store them in a bunker so when another epiphany strikes, he has the original amps to pull out and capture all over again. As an added bonus, he can control the modeling market even further if no one has rare vintage amps to model! I knew i picked the right platform when I bought my first Ultra back in 09. The man is a genius!

How would a serious buyer handle inspection of this many amps before the purchase? And what level of inspection would be reasonable?
Insert a Looper block in the grid, record Cliff's Boogie, route that through FX Loop to tested amp's input.

I have no problem spending Cliffs money! GO FOR IT! :)

I said v10 was going to be a Fender lovers dream and it TOTALLY is! Can you imagine V11 if this purchase is made? WOW!

Give him the nod Danielle!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom