So my wife’s hairdresser’s friends, are in a New York restaurant...

Toopy14

Axe-Master
having dinner. They look across the room and who do they see...Bono. So they politely go over and ask Bono if he would mind if they could have their picture taken with him. Bono says sure, no problem. So my wife’s hairdresser’s friends, ask the person having dinner with Bono, if he would mind taking the picture. He responds...sure. So he takes the picture and passes the camera back. It’s at this moment, that my wife’s hairdresser’s friends realize, that the person they asked to take the picture, was Bruce Springsteen! As you can imagine, they were very embarrassed.

The story isn’t over just yet. When my wife’s hairdresser’s friends went to pay their dinner bill. The waiter told them that their entire bill had been paid for by...Mr. Springsteen!

Last edited:
having dinner. They look across the room and who do they see...Bono. So they politely go over and ask Bono if he would mind if they could have their picture taken with him. Bono says sure, no problem. So my wife’s hairdresser’s friends, ask the person having dinner with Bono, if he would mind taking the picture. He responds...sure. So he takes the picture and passes the camera back. It’s at this moment, that my wife’s hairdresser’s friends realize, that the person they asked to take the picture, was Bruce Springsteen! As you can imagine, they were very embarrassed.

The story isn’t over just yet. When my wife’s hairdresser’s friends went to pay their dinner bill. The waiter told them that their entire bill had been paid for by...Mr. Springsteen!
Now that was a funny story talk about Doh!!!I
Nothing like a great pic with the Boss lol :D

Really cool of the Boss to spring for the bill.
I told my wife and she said oh know how embarrassing. Lol hey sometimes ya just have to laugh :cool:
Pretty cool

And at the opposite end of the scale......

My band was playing in Aspen Colorado in1989. Hall and Oates were playing the following night and were hanging out in the club watching us.

My bass player walked up and said “somebody told me you were John Oates”.
He got all butthurt and turned his back on us and wouldn’t say a word.

Met John Denver that night too. He was nothing but nice.

Well, I know you're a big U2 fan so I reckon that just from osmosis from being near you your wife has probably gotten to know Bono way more then she'd like too. And probably way more then Bruce Springsteen as well. Cool story though.

Well, I know you're a big U2 fan so I reckon that just from osmosis from being near you your wife has probably gotten to know Bono way more then she'd like too. And probably way more then Bruce Springsteen as well. Cool story though.

Six degrees of separation. Four degrees in this case.

My cousin met Bono at the Toronto International Film Festival a few years ago.

I just stumbled across this thread while looking for something completely different.

Interestingly this seem to happen every month (except during the last year) in restaurants all over the world. Mostly in Dublin and Berlin. I've heard this story so many times during the last 20 years that I doubt that this is true. As if Bono and Springsteen have nothing better to do than meet in restaurants all over the world. :D It's just a funny story to tell ;) :D

I just stumbled across this thread while looking for something completely different.

Interestingly this seem to happen every month (except during the last year) in restaurants all over the world. Mostly in Dublin and Berlin. I've heard this story so many times during the last 20 years that I doubt that this is true. As if Bono and Springsteen have nothing better to do than meet in restaurants all over the world. :D It's just a funny story to tell ;) :D
1618532639669.jpg

🤫

A certain Belfast born famous R&B, Blues and Soul singer/sax player now lives in a town very near his old home city. When the weather's fine and he's home and not touring he likes to sit outdoors at one of the local coffee shops or take a dander along the beach. He's been honoured by the people of Belfast by being awarded the keys of the city, awarded an OBE and received an honorary knighthood from the Queen for services to tourism and music in Northern Ireland .... a local guy from a working class background who did good.

If you were to doff your hat or just say Hi or whatever in passing as he's out having a walk or having a cup of coffee he'll quite gladly turn on you and tell you to f*** off ..... not quite Have I Told You Lately That I love You ....... :)

You really need to not use commas where you would pause in a spoken sentence. Reading this entire post was straight-up torture, Toopy.

I tweaked some things for you:

”...
having dinner. They look across the room and who do they see? Bono. They politely went over to ask Bono if he wouldn’t mind if they could have their picture taken with him. ”Sure, no problem” he said. My wife’s hairdresser’s friend asJed the person having dinner with Bono if he wouldn’t mind taking the picture. ”Sure”, the stranger replied. He took the picture and passed the camera back. It was at that moment that my wife’s hairdresser’s friends realize that the person they asked to take the picture was Bruce Springsteen! As you can imagine, they were very embarrassed.

The story didn’t end there. When my wife’s hairdresser’s friends went to pay the dinner bill, the waiter told them that their entire bill had been paid for by Mr. Springsteen!”

Last edited:
The Ron Jeremy part is more believable than these dinner-getting hens actually having a camera on hand for such a random event.

Back
Top Bottom