so my front input broke after 2 months!!!!!!

so i have had my axe for about two months and today while i was playing the front input randomly stopped working... i have been very very gentle with this thing since i have had it and its very hard to believe that i caused this... anyways so now when i plug in a cable there is just a really high buzz sound instead of the guitar... what can i do to fix this before i go ******* insane?!

yea the back ones work just fine... but.. i payed a lot for this i want all of it to work.. i sent them an email.. hopefully they can help me ill let you guys know what happens.. but has anyone else run into this problem?

Same thing happened to my wife. I think my right forearm must had doubled in size by the time it was finally working again. :D

This has been the shredi knight daily smart-ass reply. All material contained within this reply is the property of shredi knight. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, publish, sell, or license any information from this reply without the express written consent of shredi knight. If this had been an actual reply, you would have received shredi's views and thoughts on this subject, but probably wouldn't have laughed, chuckled, or in some rare cases, sneered and rolled your eyes. All rights reserved. Wisconsin residents please add 5.5% sales tax. This concludes the shredi knight daily smart-ass reply.

shredi knight said:

Same thing happened to my wife. I think my right forearm must had doubled in size by the time it was finally working again. :D

This has been the shredi knight daily smart-ass reply. All material contained within this reply is the property of shredi knight. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, publish, sell, or license any information from this reply without the express written consent of shredi knight. If this had been an actual reply, you would have received shredi's views and thoughts on this subject, but probably wouldn't have laughed, chuckled, or in some rare cases, sneered and rolled your eyes. All rights reserved. Wisconsin residents please add 5.5% sales tax. This concludes the shredi knight daily smart-ass reply.

Geez Shredi, you have been very toey lately... must be the weather...

TimmyM

TimmyM said:
Geez Shredi, you have been very toey lately... must be the weather...

TimmyM

"Toey"??? :?

Ok, I'll make it a point to be less "toey" and more "fingery" in the future (of course, that goes right back to how my wife's front input broke in the first place). :D

I had this happen when I received my Ultra. No sound from the front input... Talked to Cliff and he recommended I check the connector from the front input to where it connects to the "motherboard" and sure enough, it was almost off the pins, from shipping most likely. Not sure how you have yours set up, or how much it's vibrating when you play, but it might simply be that the connector has slid of the pins.

shredi knight said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so: if you are looking for help, i think you need to rearrange the phrasing. if you just complain, then this is the wrong place. this kind of problems occur from time to time, but you need to solve them through Fractal. the way you "described" the situation sounds more like bashing

jayarpeggios said:
yea the back ones work just fine... but.. i payed a lot for this i want all of it to work.. i sent them an email.. hopefully they can help me ill let you guys know what happens.. but has anyone else run into this problem?

Fractal has the best customer service I'ver ever encountered.
Im sure they will have the issue resolved quickly.

shredi knight said:

Definately call customer service. But more importantly, I am gonna be laughing at this comment for a few days!

my front input wasn't working right either a little while back. I contacted them and they sent me a new input assembly free of charge. You can't beat that anywhere. I can't think of another company who takes your word something is broken, then sends you a new part for free. Granted maybe they were just feeling nice that day, but i can't imagine it would cost to much if they gave it away to me. Also, it's the easiest thing in the world to replace, it's a couple steps above a light bulb replacement. Just don't freak out, it'll all get fixed, sh!t happens.

Finaldo said:
I had this happen when I received my Ultra. No sound from the front input... Talked to Cliff and he recommended I check the connector from the front input to where it connects to the "motherboard" and sure enough, it was almost off the pins, from shipping most likely. Not sure how you have yours set up, or how much it's vibrating when you play, but it might simply be that the connector has slid of the pins.

well i hope so.. i thought the warranty would be voided if i opened it up but customer service said it doesnt hooray i can maybe do it myself!..

etzel said:
so: if you are looking for help, i think you need to rearrange the phrasing. if you just complain, then this is the wrong place. this kind of problems occur from time to time, but you need to solve them through Fractal. the way you "described" the situation sounds more like bashing

im not complaining everyone someone post a problem someone else says they are complaining.. nothing is perfect i love the axe and if it did brake and it came down to it i would buy another (assuming i could afford it lol). but i put this up because i searched for this issue for a while and couldnt find anything.. so i posted it up here to get help and to help others in the future. you sounds more like youre the one bashing :p

rsf1977 said:
my front input wasn't working right either a little while back. I contacted them and they sent me a new input assembly free of charge. You can't beat that anywhere. I can't think of another company who takes your word something is broken, then sends you a new part for free. Granted maybe they were just feeling nice that day, but i can't imagine it would cost to much if they gave it away to me. Also, it's the easiest thing in the world to replace, it's a couple steps above a light bulb replacement. Just don't freak out, it'll all get fixed, sh!t happens.

this makes me feel a lot better.. this is what they told me for the most part.. customer service was helpful. i have lost the tools to open this thing up but as soon as i find them or buy new ones we will see.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

so i opened it up and i notice that the input was completely disconnected from the motherboard... which is interesting to me. it wasnt the part of the wire that connected to the input.. it was the part on the motherboard that wasnt connected.. this makes me think that it wasnt push all the way in during assembly and during shipping plus the few times that i have moved it around it jiggled it all the way off the 2 pins.. anyways now that i have it open it looks really well made and i am back to being happy again now that its not broken anymore :)

jayarpeggios said:
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

so i opened it up and i notice that the input was completely disconnected from the motherboard... which is interesting to me. it wasnt the part of the wire that connected to the input.. it was the part on the motherboard that wasnt connected.. this makes me think that it wasnt push all the way in during assembly and during shipping plus the few times that i have moved it around it jiggled it all the way off the 2 pins.. anyways now that i have it open it looks really well made and i am back to being happy again now that its not broken anymore :)
This is exactly what happened to mine... seems like a common problem, especially with vibration during shipping. No biggie. Just make sure if you're gigging, you have a screwdriver handy so you can open it up and stick the connector back on if you have to. it'd be nice if it used a clip to keep it on there like some connectors do...

If it happens consistently it would probably be a good place to put a glob of hot glue on there to secure it.

[/quote]

im not complaining everyone someone post a problem someone else says they are complaining.. nothing is perfect i love the axe and if it did brake and it came down to it i would buy another (assuming i could afford it lol). but i put this up because i searched for this issue for a while and couldnt find anything.. so i posted it up here to get help and to help others in the future. you sounds more like youre the one bashing :p[/quote]

i strongly suggest you reread your post, starting with the title. this is a forum where this kind of posting and the way you presented things, it is not the best. if you wanted help, as you stated before, you should've start with that. if not, patently wait for support to answer and go on from there.

my idea is: when i read a title where some just exclaims "front input broke after 2 months!!!!!!!!!!", it makes me think the other way. if someone has phisical problems with the unit, then seek for help from "creator". if that isnt working(which never happened), then you can expose the problem. i am irritated by the other topic too, regarding the front input. check that out, and see yourself how Cliff manages things

never mind, if problem solved, that is the only important thing

Back
Top Bottom