So Many Things Wrong

dandufour

Just got an Axe FX2 XL off ebay. I plugged my guitar into the instr jack in front, plugged 2
powered monitor speakers into the output jacks on the back and had no sound. I contacted
the seller to find out what was going on. He asked if I plugged into input 2, so I did and got a
little sound from patch 1 - 7 but nothing from 8 up. He said he used a preamp for those patches
so no amp on the Axe was used. I get that but I connected to the editor and have to change the
amp to use X instead of Y state for the rest 8 up. Can't I just do a factory reset and get this unit back to the way
it came from the factory? And how would I do that? Would that let me use the instr jack in the front?
I am afraid there may be many changes the original owner made that I will not want.
Dan

OK, so my major issue was me. Seems I have a short in my pickup switch on my PRS.
After wiggling it I had sound. So that is solved. Second issue is the previous owner had
selected amp state Y so if I go into the editor I can change that to X and everything work.
(a lot of work though) Lastly, still don't know why the front input doesn't work.

Hi @dandufour ,

Glad it’s going now!
Have a look at Fractool - that has a batch setting mode where you can change parameters in some or all of your presets as a batch

What would I do if I was you? - glad you asked 😂

I would reset the unit to factory settings, and download the latest factory presets you can find and load them in. They are here https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-downloads/

Then, you will hav an axe fix 2 as if you’d just bought it new.

That will prepare you for your fractal journey with far fewer problems.

Thanks
Pauly

OK, so my major issue was me. Seems I have a short in my pickup switch on my PRS.
After wiggling it I had sound. So that is solved. Second issue is the previous owner had
selected amp state Y so if I go into the editor I can change that to X and everything work.
(a lot of work though) Lastly, still don't know why the front input doesn't work.

So I decided not to do a factory reset. I cleared the patches 1 - 7 that had a pre amp
being used and decided to go into all the rest of the patches and change the Y amp to
X so I can hear the amp for that patch. Glad I did, a lot of nice sounding amps in this unit.
I still have 2 issues though and don't know if I should start another thread but I will ask on
this thread for now.
1. Why doesn't the instrument jack on the front of the unit work? Is there a setting that needs
to be changed to get it to work?
2. When I bought this on ebay, it came with the MFC and a Fractal expression foot pedal. Right
now the foot pedal only works when plugged into the Axe FX. It doesn't work when plugged into
the MFC which is how I prefer it. Then I only need a short cable.
How do I change this and how can it be used as a volume and a wah pedal?
Thanks
Dan

1. Why doesn't the instrument jack on the front of the unit work? Is there a setting that needs
to be changed to get it to work?
It's been a while since I've been in front of a II, but if you look in the menus there's a setting for the input and where it comes from. I think it's under the I/O menu. It's probably set to Input 1 Rear. You want Input 1 Front.

2. When I bought this on ebay, it came with the MFC and a Fractal expression foot pedal. Right
now the foot pedal only works when plugged into the Axe FX. It doesn't work when plugged into
the MFC which is how I prefer it. Then I only need a short cable.
You should read the MFC manual. It covers this in depth.

I updated the latest firmware and presets for banks A, B, and C and they are in the Axe unit,
but now the axe editor is not connecting. What went wrong?

That is what I did by installing latest firmware and uploading the 3 banks.
What did I miss? It was working before the update.

but now the axe editor is not connecting. What went wrong?
Start with a reboot. Seems obvious, but it can help. Both your PC and your AFII.

Then, make sure you're using the editor that works with the version of the firmware you're running now.

Back
Top Bottom