So I've been dragging my feet...

Just Joe

...waiting patiently for the CLR (and MFC) to become available again, but I need to try to get something/anything going. Definitely do NOT like the Axe thru my K12's but want something to start building presets. Any other inexpensive suggestions?

Hey Joe. I just skimmed thru your post history... so the K12 you already have is so bad you are not willing to use it, even temporarily? To the point where you are willing to buy something else to tide you over until you can get a CLR? (apologies if I didn't get that right..)

I'm really curious to know how the CLR works out for you in the end. I know everyone is raving about them, but I've heard the K12s and they're not THAT bad. What if the real problem is you just don't like IR > FRFR because you're used to a real cab?

It's weird...I think they sound like azz by themselves (AXE -> K12) but not as bad thru my practice room Behringer UB2442FX mixer into the K12s. Straight sounds kinda ice picky/top end enhanced...thru the mixer somehow seems to tame that a bit.

It's weird...I think they sound like azz by themselves (AXE -> K12) but not as bad thru my practice room Behringer UB2442FX mixer into the K12s. Straight sounds kinda ice picky/top end enhanced...thru the mixer somehow seems to tame that a bit.

Sure you were plugging into line level on the K12, not mic level? Assuming no added EQ from the mixer and proper gain staging I can't see how passing signal through the mixer first would change much, let alone for the better.

Sure you were plugging into line level on the K12, not mic level? Assuming no added EQ from the mixer and proper gain staging I can't see how passing signal through the mixer first would change much, let alone for the better.

My thoughts exactly! Yes, line level. Dont get me wrong, its not like I have the speakers or power amp sim off, just an unpleasant (to my ears) high thing going on...tho I must say, in running thru the new V10 presets last night it wasnt noticeable...
I initially thought I would go thru my pwr amp/cab instead of FRFR, but that kinda defeats the whole thing for me - I'm trying to lose the back breaking racks now. And, I'm pretty sure the FRFR thing will be OK.

I'm in the same boat Joe... I can relate! Except I've tried it through 2 K8's.... I could get 10's or 12's but I'm like you hoping the CLR will do the trick. I can buy the K's new, cheaper, from a friend with a sound co...... But... bottom line is it ain't gonna sound the same as an amp ( and hopefully the CLR ).... but then it's not an amp/guitar cab! I think I'm just gonna use in ears or phones for now.... $999 for CLR is bad enough....

If you already have the k12 I'd just deal with it..... fwiw

good luck

Back
Top Bottom