so, its been a while. would someone catch me up?

Dudeskin

Inspired
Hi all. ive been away from all my gear stuff for close to 2 years due to shoulder injury, then moving into our house and having a baby.
getting back into it now, im on fw 12 i believe.
can someone kindly sum up what ive missed and where we are at now?
seems like too much info to try and gather by googling like i have been.

cheers
joe

A lot has changed, grab latest firmware, axe edit, fractal bot, do a backup, then prepare to re-work all your patches. Once updated, reset the amp by switching on and off of it to another amp, then tweak. try out new models.

So much has changed since FW 12, you are gonna love the revamped sounds, ultra res cabs, new amps and controls plus some of the effects were reworked. Axe Edit has changed a lot for the better too.

awesome, so similar in term of layout and blocks? just better.
ill be honest, its a little daunting starting completely from scratch after so long. ive forgotten most of it. haha.

whats is quanum? is that the new numbering system?
still based around patch numbers with scenes etc?

getting back into it now, im on fw 12 i believe.

Ouch. Quantum should and will knock your socks off. Just keep in mind that you'll have to basically re-engineer your presets since the modeling algorithm has improved yet changed. Also, drive pedal algorithm's have improved and changed.

Feel free to browse Chris' tutorial page starting with the Q1.00 Quantum 1 firmware release notes and the ease of approach now to creating presets that sound more like the real thing:
http://axefxtutorials.com/axe-fx-ii/

NOTE: Keep in mind that your "favorite" amps today may have changed enough to your ears where they might no longer be your favorite. In other words, explore, live long and prosper.

The FX went from awesome to awesomer. Now, it goes to 12. Also, it made a quantum leap forward. Rock-it science.

all has been said:
amp sim has changed a few times and we are at quantum 3.03, some new amps, lots of new IRs and guys working on presets. best to start from scratch. and there is a new tool: fractool.

Cliff & Chris has been quiet due to internet stalker but seem to be alive again but sure they are very carefull.

then the regular stuff of people asking same questions as they are new (as was I), but still great help from everyone. and too much discussion on if axe fx is 99% accurate and too much comparing apples with bananas (amp in room with frfr and IRs)

but too me the axe fx on quatum 3 is giving soooo much fun, hope you will have the same after such long time being away.

Back
Top Bottom