So is this also like a TC electronic G System

cyberk9

Inspired
So is this also like a TC electronic G System where I can use my favorite Distortion?.....Since I use a Quilter toneblock 200 and Jet City cab for my Gigging rig.....I just need the effects and then I could seriously slim down my Pedalboard.....

In the sense that you can put different *real* stompboxes at various points in the signal chain, I think it is. You can use your favorite pedals and/or amp distortion with the FX8 effects.

One notable difference between this and G System is that I don't think Fractal will completely abandon support for the product after a relatively brief period.

great I can keep my Blackstar and Bogner pedals works for me.....looks like I'm buyin another toy...thanks sir lol

Funny and sad. I have a TC G Force, which is a fantastic processor. I purchased the first unit in Seattle (ordered it at NAMM way back when they first came out). Considering it's their "flagship" guitar processor, I'm really disappointed they've done nothing to support it at all. It's a truly stunning machine, and has great characteristics, so perhaps there isn't much incentive to improve it. Still, I feel they basically abandoned it - even though they still sell this unit with zero updates since the original version came out.

Reactions: LVC
Difference between Fractal and the G-System

G-System Firmware: Released: Thursday, September 01, 2011
(3 years ago)

I'm not even on the latest firmware- it's a month old...

...we have no idea how lucky we truly are

I considered the G-Force way back when, before I got my Ultra. The kicker for me was a) No stereo effects sends/returns, b) an overall 'clean-but-sterile' quality.

From the git go, the Axe has been the warmest, most organic sounding piece of digital gear I've ever used (well, it and my trusty Lexicon PCM-70), and the G-Force could never compete with that. It's only gotten warmer and more organic since!

Polymath,

What is it about the PCM 70 that you still love, and use it for? I imagine the Axefx can do everything the PCM 70 can do. Probably quieter too.

Difference between Fractal and the G-System

G-System Firmware: Released: Thursday, September 01, 2011
(3 years ago)

I'm not even on the latest firmware- it's a month old...

...we have no idea how lucky we truly are

April 11, 2010 for Standard/Ultra, but those are listed as discontinued products so not quite the same. I'm more concerned with how the FX8 is going to affect the resale value of my Ultra :(

Back
Top Bottom