So is there............a no amp patch

flynv

Inspired
I there a patch for effects only? Like a normal pedalboard you know, just in case.
I may be over thinking this. I was looking in the patch exchange and I don't see anything.
Do I just not put an amp and cab block in. It can't be that simple. I'm not home to try it yet.

This may be quite obvious... but that "no amp" patch you create will be much quieter than all your more "normal" patches/presets. So, you'll probably want to make up that lost gain somehow.

There are a lot of ways, including adding a filter block. But you also may want to experiment with using the "Tube Pre" amp block, since it can sound fairly transparent if set to a low "drive" setting, but offers TONS of tone tweak options that you might find useful... even for acoustic instruments.

Reactions: jon
This may be quite obvious... but that "no amp" patch you create will be much quieter than all your more "normal" patches/presets. So, you'll probably want to make up that lost gain somehow.

There are a lot of ways, including adding a filter block. But you also may want to experiment with using the "Tube Pre" amp block, since it can sound fairly transparent if set to a low "drive" setting, but offers TONS of tone tweak options that you might find useful... even for acoustic instruments.
If he's using it like a pedalboard then I expect the real amp would actually do this... No?

Back
Top Bottom