So, is the scuttlebutt about the Mezzabarba Amps true?

I have the MZero OD. It's an amazing sounding amp. Would love to see it modeled, but the AxeIII is amazing as is.

Is there an effect we don't have? o_O My needs have been covered there forever.
Particle verb? Octo shimmer? And the Line 6 sweep echo on my M-series sounds way more sweeter then filtered delay on my Axe. You can probably recreate particle verb and shimmer by building a whole preset around it, but I don't want to do that. I want something I can easily use (as in 1 block) as part of my regular presets. Recreating a shimmer chain as part of my regular presets eats up tons of DSP. No biggie of course in the Axe III (drool), but it doesn't look like I will get one of those soon.

In essence, rather then create extensive presets to create ambient/crazy sounds, it would be nice if like Line 6 those sounds could be single FX blocks.

And like I said, I only use 3 to 4 amp blocks. The rest I never use. What good are more amps to me?

More amps would not move the needle in terms of making the Axe a demonstrably better, convenient or more powerful product. There are so many amps in the box and most amps are VERY similar to each other in design. I can’t imagine not being able to get a desired amp tone at this point.
Try to easily obtain a granular effect or even a somewhat rudimentary stutter effect. This is hard work or downright impossible.

Particle verb? Octo shimmer? And the Line 6 sweep echo on my M-series sounds way more sweeter then filtered delay on my Axe. You can probably recreate particle verb and shimmer by building a whole preset around it, but I don't want to do that. I want something I can easily use (as in 1 block) as part of my regular presets. Recreating a shimmer chain as part of my regular presets eats up tons of DSP. No biggie of course in the Axe III (drool), but it doesn't look like I will get one of those soon.

In essence, rather then create extensive presets to create ambient/crazy sounds, it would be nice if like Line 6 those sounds could be single FX blocks.

And like I said, I only use 3 to 4 amp blocks. The rest I never use. What good are more amps to me?
This sounds very much like the Eventide H9 which is an excellent companion to the Fractal

It would be cool to see new amps still come into Axe 2, sure.
However, in my case, heh, I don't need no more amps OR effects. The Axe has covered all the ground there is. How many more sub-flavours of vanilla one might need?...
I am looking forward for further modelling improvements. Would be super neat having the PA+CAB mode for example.

I’d like a Marshall valvestate Head modeled. It was my first “real” Marshall stack, as back then I didn’t know much about tubes lol. Went on to get a “propped” 2204, but that Valvestate was sweet for certain tones.

Same with a Randall Century, another solid stater that really shaped some of my favorite 90s guitar tones

I be happy to have one or both modeled, for nostalgia as much as anything

I’d like a Marshall valvestate Head modeled. It was my first “real” Marshall stack, as back then I didn’t know much about tubes lol. Went on to get a “propped” 2204, but that Valvestate was sweet for certain tones.

Same with a Randall Century, another solid stater that really shaped some of my favorite 90s guitar tones

I be happy to have one or both modeled, for nostalgia as much as anything
take your friedman 2018 model, run your output into a BOSS Metal Zone, dime the gain and you'll be in Valvestate territory :D:confused:
Played one in a rehearsal studio once. Made me wish I played tuba........

this has been covered a billion times, in short, we're able to build those ourselves, so they wont become single effects blocks.

People keep saying 'it's been covered a billion times before', and yet they never provide any links. Then if you call them out on that they say 'just do a forum search'. Also, if I have to build a whole preset to get that sound its basically useless to me, as I need it as a single effect block as part of my regular preset. Shimmer already takes up at least 3 effects blocks, 2 of them DSP hogs, so a single effects block would be so much easier. If Line 6 can do it, why not Fractal?

Such as? Are to add weight or evidence to your post?

I'd also love to have the old AMPEG amps. The Gemini and Reveberocket Amps. They were superb clean amps but when cranked created a wonderful R & R sound. Also, the reverb tanks in these were The Best. There was something SPECIAL about the early Ampeg reverb tanks and circuits. Anyone that had or has one will confirm that.

I'd also love to have the old AMPEG amps. The Gemini and Reveberocket Amps. They were superb clean amps but when cranked created a wonderful R & R sound. Also, the reverb tanks in these were The Best. There was something SPECIAL about the early Ampeg reverb tanks and circuits. Anyone that had or has one will confirm that.

Oh, that’s true. I own a ‘64 Reverb-o-Rocket that exactly fits your description.

Reactions: JT2
Your spot on Kent. There is something special about the early Ampeg Reverb-o-Rocket Amps. Too bad more people don't get it. Or, maybe it's good for us owners. Anyway it would be great if Cliff got one to dissect and do his magic on so we can all share the 'wow'.

Back
Top Bottom