So is it gonna be called Logic Pro X forever now?

USMC_Trev

Axe-Master
I'm trying to figure out when Apple is going to dump Logic Pro X for the next version but I'm reading that they just had an update and so I'm wondering is this just the name they're going to call it from now on or am I going to buy it and then get screwed for another $80 or whatever to upgrade...

... and all the other DAW makers pull the same crap - for a lot more money it seems. I have Adobe CC and so I have Audition but since I only use it every now and then I forget what it takes to make it work and burn half of my scant time to figuring it out before giving up and noodling for a bit before going back to studying. I just want to stay in the Apple ecosystem (so don't say Reaper, thanks).

Am I going to buy Logic Pro X now and get the Apple weenie because it's been out for six years and they're gonna surprise drop a new Logic Pro on us? Anyone have any intel?

Are you saying you haven’t tried Logic Pro ever?..and claim to be “in the Apple ecosystem”?!?;)
I have no inside info, but Apple has been updating Logic consistently for years, regardless of name, for free after initial purchase on as many Macs as you have in your account. I doubt that policy will change, which makes it an amazing bargain for what you will get

I had Logic Pro 9 and Apple killed it shortly after the purchase when X came out, hence the original question. I've also tried Pro Tools 8 since it came with the audio interface, reaper and Studio One 3 because it came free with the Fishman Triple Play.

I actully forgot that there was that change....but that was indeed quite a few years ago, and I still think you are safe for some years....but don’t hold me liable.............

It changed when it moved to the App Store in 2013 and became 64 bit only. It also got a lot cheaper.

The latest version is 10.4.6 (started at 10.0.0) - so there has been 4 versions and some minor bug fixes for free if you have been a X-owner since the beginning.

No-one but Apple can tell what will happen in the future.

But for a fully fledged DAW with almost all bell and whistles it is still a lot cheaper than most competitors.

I had Logic Pro 9 and Apple killed it shortly after the purchase when X came out, hence the original question. I've also tried Pro Tools 8 since it came with the audio interface, reaper and Studio One 3 because it came free with the Fishman Triple Play.
FWIW...I was stuck on 9 for a while...but after upgrading... X has been my favorite release of Logic...and I go back to emagic 4.8.1

For what Logic X Pro is, $300 is a pittance. All the built in plugins/effects, synths, and other factors make it a steal.

Back
Top Bottom