So impressed with FX8 I'm going Axe FXII

bread

Power User
Hi

I'm on the wait list for an XLII+.

Yeah !!!

I intend to use it stereo direct into the PA with a stage monitor using a fryette power station with a wide body MESA 112 cab.

Is this something you would recommend or sell the fryette and get a FRFR monitor or Matrix setup ?

Thanks for your help.

You have to really hear both for yourself. Most of my playing is in the Studio so I prefer FRFR. It is a different feel though. Translates better for me recording.

Invest in some Ownhammer Cab IRs! They are fantastic and really made me fall in love with my Axe tones.

You have to really hear both for yourself. Most of my playing is in the Studio so I prefer FRFR. It is a different feel though. Translates better for me recording.

Invest in some Ownhammer Cab IRs! They are fantastic and really made me fall in love with my Axe tones.

What he said, as a bottom line it depends on preference... I also situated myself in the FRFR corner.

I have a Matrix FRFR setup that I prefer, since I don't have to change presets to be different than amp and cab. It does happen to be a Matrix Power Amp and a pair of Matrix CFR12 wedges. I have been using it for about 4 years that way.

I used to have an Eleven Rack, and ran it through a 3rd Power stereo power amp and my ADA Split stack with 50 watt Celestions, but recording, or studio monitors would require the patches to be completely, radically different than what I used for live setup. (My old ADA MP1 sounded killer with the 3rd Power amp and the split stack)

I tried the 3rd Power amp with the CFR12 wedges, but it colors the tone from a modeler too much to be useful, so I got the Matrix power amp, and that solved the issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom