So I was working on a patch..

Larcher

Inspired
And when I hit save in axe edit, the sound changed completely, it was NO WHERE near sounding what I had done. I am sad. I was working on the patch for a good while and then it just..changed when I hit save. I tried clicking on the Y/X button and it's just as shitty.
Anyone know what causes this?

i don't use axe-edit to build patches because of errors like this. hard to say what specifically caused this to happen, possibly you hit the wrong button or something, but it could just be a glitch.

i highly recommend building and saving patches using the front panel of the axe-fx.

fuck. I'm terrible at using the display. To me, it's not user friendly, which is why I turned to axe-edit.

well, off to learn how the front pannel works I go -_-

Always refresh from hardware before hitting save or always save from the front panel. This usually happens if you mess with any of the settings from the front panel and AxeEdit isn't reflecting what is actually going on in the unit itself.

Been there, done that, been just as pissed about it. You can use AxeEdit, just save from the front panel and it will never be an issue again.

Been there, done that, been just as pissed about it. You can use AxeEdit, just save from the front panel and it will never be an issue again.

+1 on this - seems to be the most reliable way to save once changes are done in Axe-Edit.

I apologize if this is a different issue, and that I dont have an axeII, but I notice the same thing with my gen 1 when using the front panel....if I create a patch and get it where I want, when I click save it tends to change slightly. There is a slight interruption in the sound and it seems to lose some of the 'top end'. When I click edit on the amp block, it also does the same thing....

Any ideas how to remedy this? its a subtle difference, but enough that can cause over tweaking the high end on the amps to get the right feel.

I'm using axe-edit to lay the blocks out and Lemur for Axe-Fx to edit most of my blocks. I save using axe-fx front panel. Here's what I do:
-- Create routing in axe-edit & save using axe-fx front panel. The largest part of the interface is the routing section. It's fast and efficient.
-- Fire up Lemur for Axe-Fx on my iPad. Unlike axe-edit, Lemur fills the screen with the block I'm editing. I can see more parameters on a 10" screen with Lemur than I can on a computer with Axe-Edit, and it's a lot faster for the blocks I tweak most. No mousing or menu-diving required!!!
-- Save using front panel of axe-fx.
-- Reload patch in axe-edit & tweak any blocks not available on Lemur (Lemur editor is just getting going, but IMO it rocks).
-- Save using front panel of axe-fx -- Done!

quick question; I just made a patch, however I've no clue how to save using the front pannel ಠ_ಠ halp

Always refresh from hardware before hitting save or always save from the front panel. This usually happens if you mess with any of the settings from the front panel and AxeEdit isn't reflecting what is actually going on in the unit itself.

You mean, when I hit refresh from hardware it will not discard all changes and load the preset saved at the number displayed? It will load from a workspace that what I actually hear and so AE gets in sync again and then I'd be able to save what I hear?
Is that what you wanted to say or did I miss the point?

Very intersting thought, because I sometimes noticed when AE lost sync and didn't reflect changes anymore but I never saw a way to rescue my changes.

Am I the only one who finds programming from the front panel MUCH more intuitive than axe-Edit? i find the FP workflow so easy, and Axe-Edit gets me every time, i just cant work it right - I HATE using the mouse to set values. Maybe im just an old fashioned hardware guy - i need real knobs and switches - which the front panel offers.

as for saving on the front panel ?? you dont need to read the manual - just the labels on the front panel - press "store" and it "stores" the pre-set 9with a prompt to press enter after just in case you made a mistake).

Am I the only one who finds programming from the front panel MUCH more intuitive than axe-Edit? i find the FP workflow so easy, and Axe-Edit gets me every time, i just cant work it right - I HATE using the mouse to set values. Maybe im just an old fashioned hardware guy - i need real knobs and switches - which the front panel offers.

Nope, I'm a front panel guy too. The only time I use Axe Edit is when I know I need to rearrange a bunch of blocks, because the block moving interface on the front panel needs some adjustments to make it easier and quicker to use. (per the wish list request)

So don't feel alone. There are probably a lot of us front panel guys out there. :)

I've had this happen lately, too. In fact, as an experiment, I was playing a patch with Axe Edit closed, then opened it while continuing to play, and the tone changed. It's a different thing, i know. Probably to do more with what happens when Axe Edit launches than anything, but that along with other glitches like the OP describes has got me doing most of my actual tone tweaking on the Axe Fx itself. I just can't take the chance that the tone will not get saved like I'm hearing it. I'm sure it will get better as the product and company matures. It's definitely not a big deal; I'd much rather have the major effort going into improving the Axe itself (though frankly, it sounds so good in 6.02 that I'm not sure it can get much better).

Working on patches I use the snapshot and when ready to save, I always use front panel, recall, store and enter .And don't forget to back up:D

Working on patches I use the snapshot and when ready to save, I always use front panel, recall, store and enter .And don't forget to back up:D
What does the snap shot button do? I will RTFM :p
*edit*
Snapshots-
Notice the small camera button to the right of the SAVE button. This creates
a SNAPSHOT which saves a copy of your current edit in any source to a
special utility folder. These provide an “UNDO-like” capability or allow you
to create comparison or “safety” checkpoints while you work.
To find the files created by the snapshot button, look in Axe-Manage under UTILITIES: Snapshots

...and Axe-Edit gets me every time, i just cant work it right - I HATE using the mouse to set values.
One of the main things I like about Axe-Edit is the ability to input exact numbers into the fields. Most parameters I already know the value I want, so I just punch them in.

as for saving on the front panel ?? you dont need to read the manual - just the labels on the front panel - press "store" and it "stores" the pre-set 9with a prompt to press enter after just in case you made a mistake).

I honestly think most the people that fear the front panel haven’t really even given it a chance in the first place. I remember when I first got the Ultra which seems like decades ago I was overwhelmed at all the options and the front panel just didn’t seem intuitive. Then I saw a tutorial using AlbertA’s editor and being an IT software guy it started to make sense. Once I jumped in the deep end and used the front panel I realized it wasn’t all that difficult and the disconnect I had been experiencing was simply because I was only seeing a portion of the whole grid.

Everyone should take a day and give the front panel a chance. The time you save not loading up the editor when you just turn on the Axe to noodle around for a few minutes here and there alone is worth the investment in my humble opinion.

Where is AlbertA by the way? I haven’t seen him around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom