So I updated to 16.1 and finally used the Axe Modeling through my JVM Power Amp

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I picked up a 1985 JCM800 2X12 last week with the original G12T-75's (they have vents on the magnets 1rst year)
and my JVM sounds freaking amazing through this cab.
I've been using the Axe FX just for effects through it (GEQ,chorus and Delay mostly)
so tonight I figured since it's already hooked up lets see how the 16.1 modeling sounds through a power amp->real cab
:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock Holy crap!! the El-34 based models all sound amazing through this rig. I've heard the JVM power section is very clean
(that's what they say on the JVM forum , it does not break up until fully cranked) but the combination of this power section and this cab and
the new power amp modeling (I left it on) made so many of the models sound killer ....it was actually quite surprising.
Way better than the Fryette 2/50/2 I had, or the Mesa 50/50, or the Matrix gt1000.
running in stereo with the CLR sounded really cool.
Even the Wrecker sounded great through this rig.
If I could get the JVM power section in a 1 or 2U rack piece I would use this as my rig and forgo the CLR (and just run output 1 front to house)
and use the JCM800 cab on stage.
Anyone else here try this thing through a JVM or have one of these old JCM cabs?

I used the Axe with firmware 1.02 through my JVM 410 combo amp right when I got the Axe, just because I was curious if the preamp section would hold up... Sounded awesome then, sounds awesome now.
Even though I don't use the Marshall for this anymore (not at all actually...), only for Crunch Orange, until Cliff models that mode, that is... :mrgreen

Now that I'm thinking about this, I used to have an Engl 2x50 W tube rack power amp back in the bad old huge rack days, this could be nice for the Axe actually!

Hi
Used to use my axe in 4 CM with a blackstar 100 series 1 amp and a 1960 212 cab, that was wicked , then I had space issues and changed to a Matrix GT800 & FRFR 212 cab, I still have the blackstar and the cab , planning to use them in my new man cave when built :)

G \../

Back
Top Bottom