So I spent a little time in the platinum room at GC today...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
The one here in Nashville is pretty nice. Expensive vintage Fenders, tons of Bogners, 3rd Power, Splawn, Friedman, etc. as much fun as it was plugging into all those different amps and cranking them up, I walked out completely satisfied that I nail all those tones and more with my Axe.

It truly is the best investment any guitarist could ever make. I don't miss a single thing about amps....except turning up loud enough to kill small animals on occasion. So the Axe gives me the best tones around AND saves me from PETA...what an amazing machine.

The only thing I go into any music store for anymore is Strings. And the Boss FV-500H I needed. I don't even try amps or guitars anymore. With the Axe FX 2 and my Strat and JP through the active 1x12 XiTone wedge I have, I'm g2g.

The only thing I go into any music store for anymore is Strings. And the Boss FV-500H I needed. I don't even try amps or guitars anymore. With the Axe FX 2 and my Strat and JP through the active 1x12 XiTone wedge I have, I'm g2g.

Yeah, its kind of bitter sweet. I don't need anything from those stores, but I'm a musician and should be meeting other musicians and that is how I would meet musicians in my younger days. I would find what the latest coolest pedal was, who was playing with who, what bands wee needing a guitar player. The internet squelched all that. We need a new community for all that now, and we do, it's called the fractal forum.

Tony Higbee, I believe is the Platinum Room Manager there. Bought my 3rd Power American Dream from him before discovering the Axe FX. Nice guy and he doesn't mind letting you play all the Trussarts, Suhrs, Andersons, vintage Strats and Teles......my $3,200.00 amp sits in the corner. I do plan on running it in an FX loop along with the Axe FX II at our next larger gig. It's pretty awesome to have the amp with two Atomic CLRs cooking. Maybe it just makes me feel better about spending the money on the amp.

Back
Top Bottom