So I just bought a Helix...first impressions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did compare the factory presets for a Twin Vib channel side by side tonight. Very close out of the gate. After slight tweaking to get the controls in about the same settings and turning off the compressor on the AX8, they sounded nearly identical to my ears. Glad I don't have magic ears.

Tweaked the Helix like I would the real thing and got it sounding even better to me. Added compression, delay and reverb and it sounded fantastic. I could do the same with the AX8. So I certainly disagree with the OP's findings regarding Fender amp models. I like the effects too. But choosing the FX8 for an effects modeler to work with a tube amp is a winning decision too. Loved mine.

I always get confused by these threads. If I want information on the competition, I go to the competition website/forum or a general forum like TGP or Rig-talk. I'm gonna go over to the line 6 forum and give them a review of my AX8 right now, I know they are going to want to know every facet, They will also love all my pedalboard pictures, because it's a great product and every one needs to know this, I mean everyone. I'll be right back...
I know you must have something better to do, you must.

Competitors are going to be discussed it's a forum that's what we do. We compare yours to ours.
If you don't like how forums work, move on.

Competitors are going to be discussed it's a forum that's what we do. We compare yours to ours.

I believe Scott made the statement because this thread did not start in the lounge. It does make it a little confusing. I think it was moved over here yesterday.

I learnt about the AxeFx on the Institute Of Noise forum. Granted not an official Line 6 forum but at the time firmly dedicated to Line 6 products nonetheless. It's indeed what we do.

That's your first post! Good luck man.

Scott has been here for a very long time and has always been very positive and helpful...

Some folks find Line 6 discussions on this forum very confusing, not really that difficult to understand.

I'm assuming you will not be here for the long haul, just a guess though.

Ha Ha no, just trying to determine if its confusing or not to be talking about line6 on here. Some people cant seem to make up their mind. Its so confusing!!

I don't understand it, but if you do, so be it. It's funny how you post something I said, any body can find that if you look. Not a line 6 fan, sorry line 6 dude. You can find me all over line 6 though. Knowledge is power.

I don't understand it, but if you do, so be it. It's funny how you post something I said, any body can find that if you look. Not a line 6 fan, sorry line 6 dude. You can find me all over line 6 though. Knowledge is power.

Huh?.....ummmm yeah....right on bro.

I agree with Scott, but hey, to each his own....But I will tell a small story....I heard about the axe fx on the Boss GT10 forums in 2008. Bought my Standard in April 2009...
while I still agree with Scott (and I do) I have to ask-Who is fasman? Joined yesterday to what harass Scott.

I agree with Scott, but hey, to each his own....But I will tell a small story....I heard about the axe fx on the Boss GT10 forums in 2008. Bought my Standard in April 2009...
while I still agree with Scott (and I do) I have to ask-Who is fasman? Joined yesterday to what harass Scott.

You agree with him saying "competitors are going to be discussed thats what we do", or you agree with him ostracizing the op in this thread for posting his first impressions of his new Helix?

Which one do you agree with?

You agree with him saying "competitors are going to be discussed thats what we do", or you agree with him ostracizing the op in this thread for posting his first impressions of his new Helix?

Which one do you agree with?
Why are you so butt hurt, line 6 dude? This is a forum that's what we do, that what I said right. I'm just making my statement known. If you don't like. I don't really care. Why do you care? You felt compelled enough to know me enough, to search my threads for something contradictory. Line 6 dude, I am a contradiction. Do you work for line 6 I'm curious, because if you are you need to state it.

And if this is my buddy Ralf, pulling my leg, I owe you a beer.

I don't know any body named Ralf.

Why are you so butt hurt, line 6 dude? This is a forum that's what we do, that what I said right. I'm just making my statement known. If you don't like. I don't really care. Why do you care? You felt compelled enough to know me enough, to search my threads for something contradictory. Line 6 dude, I am a contradiction. Do you work for line 6 I'm curious, because if you are you need to state it.

And if this is my buddy Ralf, pulling my leg, I owe you a beer.

I don't know any body named Ralf.

Again dude.....huh?

You need a beer to go with that waffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom