So I got a CLR to try

back to dlm8's. I have one and it is very boomy. Last gig was in a round gymnasium and I was having trouble dialling it out. I always use the PA mode because the picture is flat. Soloist is supposed to rolloff bass and boost mids and highs.
What eq settings did you use from there on DLM8? So you just used the 3 band eq on the DLM8's or did you play with the Fractal GEQ to try to match the CLR's? I'm thinking of buying a CLR but honestly I've pissed away so much money trying speakers.

Any Canadians listening PM me please. I live in Canada and when you factor in the brokerage and shipping costs and then the resale value (which usually is low due to location) … Ok sorry for complaining but I wish we could get the Canadian members to join a group on this forum so that we could possibly buy and sell some of these speakers among the group.

Soloist setting with on board bass EQ rolled back 3 clicks, 4 bars showing in window. I rolled the on board treble back 2 clicks, 3 bars showing. On the Fractal global 31 off. 63=-6....4k=-3 ......8k=-3.5......16k=-4. There are probably a few different ways to do this but I just played around by ear. PA mode is one of the least "flat" setting despite what the picture shows. I use to use the Y with the bass rolled back on the DLM. Next to the CLR the setting I just posted work pretty well.

Last edited:
smcrosby, please clear some space in your private messages folder...you're out of space and I wanted to send you this:

Glad you're getting back in the swing and obviously taking no prisoners with respect to your chosen gear. Have a blast! Btw, I just spent an hour jamming to a drum beat on my bass thru the CLR and Mackie compact sub CRANKED UP!! Driving the neighbors nuts, I'm sure. I'm floored by how good the bass sounds thru this rig. Of course, having all this great gear makes it easy to lose track of time while making wonderful sounds. The CLR is just sooooo freaking sweet. You're gonna love it!

Godspeed Zentman...glad you're excited about scoring a pair...and yes, when you hear yourself play in stereo... it's truly game changing.

geez Atomic has a 2 week trial window. Anyone looking into these should just buy and try
if it works for you great, if it doesn't? ....... it doesn't.
I don't get all this "over passionate" arguing over a freaking speaker :?:?:?
I think some people spend way too much time on the forum. :(

Here we go......Again. I have a pair of CLR's and I'm quite happy with them. If someone doesn't like them I couldn't give two shits they work for me and that's all that matters. Some play a Les Paul some play a Strat who cares as long as we're making music and having fun.

I'm on the waiting list for a pair of active wedges and can't wait to try them. Great to see they are working for you Zentman and that you're liking 'em..

Blimey, that escalated quickly, who'd have thought a little speaker box would cause such a ruckus?

Did I mention I've just took delivery of my CLR......

I realize the CLR speaker actually sounds like nothing (no color at all) but it is passing sound like a clean window passes sunlight. I could live with one but I MUST have two now. I just have to hear what my patches sound like in living techno-non-color stereo.

LOL yea I hear ya. I was going to order one and just though I really have to hear these, and the AFX, in stereo glory. Sonic transparency in my output device is music to my ears, literally...I've been wanting these for some time.

Here's the one CLR at rehearsal last night. As you can see, there is a drummer, a trumpet (mic'd), percussion, violin (electric not in pic), loud bass dude, etc.

The one speaker easily jumped on top of these guys with room to spare. The drummer has those special sticks that play quieter but refuses to use them. He is hitting it full blast in my face. I would be to the left of the trumpet dude.

t9z5.jpg

lw30.jpg

Here's the one CLR at rehearsal last night. As you can see, there is a drummer, a trumpet (mic'd), percussion, violin (electric not in pic), loud bass dude, etc.

The one speaker easily jumped on top of these guys with room to spare. The drummer has those special sticks that play quieter but refuses to use them. He is hitting it full blast in my face. I would be to the left of the trumpet dude.

t9z5.jpg

lw30.jpg

That last picture makes me chuckle and smile.
I'm just back from the first rehearsal with a new band/artist.
The other guitarist showed up with 2 half stacks and a pedal train pro sized pedalboard for electric, a third amp for acoustic with a separate pedal board for acoustic, acoustic guitar and 4 electric guitars to give him tonal options/variation. He had showed up early to set up.
I showed up with a 4 unit rack with my Axe II, small board with MFC-101 and one Mission pedal, one active wedge CLR, one acoustic guitar and one electric guitar, so I carried it all in one trip with a small dolly.
The other guitarist looked a little baffled when he saw my set up, but much more so when he heard the range and quality of the tones I got.
On the inside I was laughing my a$$ off.
I just love my Axe II and CLR set-up.

Back
Top Bottom