So I got a chance to A/B the Axe II JMP-1 model against the real thing

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
My buddy has 2 of them and let me take one home with me this weekend.
Initial thought was ...."Man this thing sounds absolutely killer when paired up with the Fryette 2/50/2
played around with a few of the patches and really liked it.....to the point where I was thinking about buying it from him.
SIngle rack space I could slide it in right under my Axe.
So then I switched back to my Axe II and to my favorite Jmp-1 patch.
Good lord, I couldn't tell the difference, if anything I like the Axe II version better, it's clearer and chimier.
the only real difference I could "feel" was that the single notes on the real deal were a little thicker sounding
but it was very subtle, I upped the sag a littler bit and got it really close.
I would have to stick my 10 band EQ into the loop of the real JMP-1 to get it sound like my patch.
just saved myself $450.00 bucks
thanks Cliff, you really nailed it with the JMP-1, Brit Super and the JCM 800 models too:)

What you just described seems to be very similar to what a lot of people have described in A/B comparisons that there is something slightly off in the feel and also that single notes seem to be a little thin. Most of the posts I have read also say that the tone is certainly there and maybe even better on the Axe II with the exception of the bite. So to me that means there are only three areas to fine tune and those areas are so clowe that we're probably 96-98% there.

Back
Top Bottom