So I forgot to bring the cable to my floorboard

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
And it’s a special one, providing power and data to my RJM controller.

Forced me to play the set with one sound only. I chose my Plexi preset, used the volume control on my PRS a lot, and loved every second.

It is a good learning experience to return to basics now and then.

For years I never understood how people could get by with single channel amps. Then I played through a Plexi. So many great tones to be had with just rolling the guitar volume knob up or down. It's such a dynamic and expressive way of playing.

Forced me to play the set with one sound only. I chose my Plexi preset, used the volume controls on my PRS a lot, and loved every second.

i have a similar approach i've mentioned here and there. and this is really good experience.

i have a guitar that has electric and acoustic/piezo outputs. fortunately most of my gigs are "acoustic gigs" and i bring the FM3 or whatever for additional sounds. but sometimes i'll just take the guitar and a tuner, and plug straight into the mixer - you know like they want us to do.

i get a great acoustic sound from the guitar so all that's fine. but without the buttons to press on the floor, i focus more on playing and singing - since there's nothing else to do. i usually sing and play much better being able to just focus on that alone. of course i prefer the bigger sound with the effects and dual tones.

but it's a good experience if you can do it from time to time.

I chose my Plexi preset, used the volume controls on my PRS a lot, and loved every second.

Great choice. I've been using the Plexi a lot over the past few months, and have found that combined with the volume knob and pickup selector I don't really need much else other than the odd bit of delay and boost

Reactions: C-4

Forced me to play the set with one sound only. I chose my Plexi preset, used the volume controls on my PRS a lot, and loved every second.

This is how I used to do it before I owned a modeler. Amp, boost, volume, and tone knob.

That’s why I dropped my GT16 for the FC6. It was a lot of work ne change of workflow to replace the great RJM with the small FC6. But I never fear to forgot a FC cable connection, as XLR cables are everywhere. I have a special bag at every gig with spare of everything. It included a 7 pin midi cable for the RJM, and spare power supply. It includes a FM3 in case of Axe-Fx III failure and a lot of other useful life saver stuff.

I remember using only my trusty old MusicMan 112RD50. 2 channels with reverb. Always had great times. Usually mic'd to main board.

I have used single channel amps, or treated my switching amps like single channel, for years. It’s old-school, it’s scary for people who are used to pedalboards and relying on their pedals to supply the sound, but they’re a blast once you get through the first song and hear how well the guitar and amp combination reacts, especially with an amp like a Marshall, which works so well with the guitar.

I have a ToneKing Imperial Mk II and a Mesa Lonestar Special, both always set to the lead channel, and friends who have used them ask to sit in on them after having sweated their way through a song or two their first time on them. And I built two presets to imitate them, along with others, and still treat the presets the same way.

Last night I had my friends sitting in on the ODS-100 Ford settings on the FM9 and talking to them afterwards they couldn’t believe how the rig responds, and how much it felt like my tube amps. One of them is a young up-and-comer who is touring soon and is really interested in the modeler for traveling so I’m taking the FM3+FC6 next week with the same presets so he can get a feel for that rig, and show him the little Studio Slips bag I use. I think he’ll be impressed.

It’s amazing how good this technology is and maybe I’ll set him up with my Plexi preset. ;-)

Been playing since mid 1950's, so I grew up just using a guitar and a cable until foot toys started coming out.
Been playing Marshalls since I first saw them in mid 1960's. Boy, do I wish I had kept them! I went through most iterations of them, but my favorites are the Plexi, JCM 800, and Jubilee.

I'm 74 now and just getting into modeling. Fractal, with their amazing group of Marshall and Marshall-like sounds, is what attracted me, so I'm looking forward to an FM9, and buying a computer.

I might be old, but I want to learn new tricks. :)

Forced me to play the set with one sound only. I chose my Plexi preset, used the volume control on my PRS a lot, and loved every second.
Next thing you know, you'll be ditching the Axe and actually buy an amp again with 3 pedals up front ;-)

Been playing since mid 1950's, so I grew up just using a guitar and a cable until foot toys started coming out.
Been playing Marshalls since I first saw them in mid 1960's. Boy, do I wish I had kept them! I went through most iterations of them, but my favorites are the Plexi, JCM 800, and Jubilee.

I'm 74 now and just getting into modeling. Fractal, with their amazing group of Marshall and Marshall-like sounds, is what attracted me, so I'm looking forward to an FM9, and buying a computer.

I might be old, but I want to learn new tricks. :)
Dude, this made my day!! Rock On!

I had a moment similar to that last night where I accidentally saved my crunch channel with my 6db boost which I use for leads engaged.

Everyone reached for their ipads to turn down their monitors, then after I save the preset with the boost disengaged they had to do it all again.

In ear monitoring eh ?

Not popular LOL

I've had gigs where I had tons of presets set up for specific songs and instead just sat on a single preset for 90% of the show just because it sounds real good and between volume knob changes, coil splits, etc., I am able to get close enough for rock n roll sounds. It also helps that most of the set was clean-ish tones.

That said if you had an FC6 or 12 you could have borrowed any old mic cable and been off to the races. :)

Just kidding, I know you love your RJM.

Back
Top Bottom