So I bought a Boss GT1000Core

Someone needs to make a modern guitar synth with a pickup. The GR55 is what, close to if not over 30 years old now?

Edit- was thinking of the GR33, which is now 22 years old. The GK2A pickup may predate that but I’m not certain. either way, this field is due for something revolutionary.
Isn’t that what the Boss Euros guitar is?

https://www.boss.info/us/products/eurus_gs-1/

since I love Variax, I’d be all for a new GR-55

What kind of noise do you mean?
I have different settings, but one of them is:
mode; osc
trigger: to CTRL1
rise time:70
oct rise:70
feedb: 40
oct fbk: 70
vib rate: 85
vib depth: 8

I place it after the noise gate and before the amp or overdrive. I never tried the Freqout but this setting sounds very good to me. Let me know how that's works out for you. Like your Zappa picture!
Thank you very much. I will give it a try with your settings! Zappa would probably say You can't do that on stage anymore... but with the GT-1000 ;)

Isn’t that what the Boss Euros guitar is?

https://www.boss.info/us/products/eurus_gs-1/

since I love Variax, I’d be all for a new GR-55

I love the idea of a dedicated synth guitar but it is a shame that the Boss guitar doesn't have midi and only six presets on the guitar itself.
If I am right you can only use Boss synth sounds. I find the Boss synth guitar sounds very clichee and outdated. If it had midi out you could at least run it into your vst synths.

kinda scared of the "use this guitar" solution. Love the GK pickup, just want it modernized with a modern module to run sounds off of. We put a man on the moon 70 years ago, they can make this happen.
I agree. Id love a "Variax in a box" or newer SY-1000 that can run via wireless unit. Or not a 13-pin. Like I said I love Variax and am an active member in Variax fb group where everyone always asks for a newer, updated variax. My suggestion was for Yamaha/Line 6 to make a new line of guitars that are "variax capable." So this would be multiple guitar models that you can purchase with or without variax. You go to buy the guitar online after trying it in a store or whatever and during the checkout, you click yes for "do you want variax in your guitar?" That way they can keep making the technology but not limit it to very few guitars. But yes, ideally, modern module with wireless ability

What kind of noise? I don't know. Anyway I followed your advice to put the feedbacker between a noise gate and amp.
It sounds okay to me. At least the noise has gone. I guess you can not expect to get a super overwhelming feedback with the feedbacker. The same goes for the FreqOut pedal. But one more time, maybe it is more my lack of knowledge, because it seems that some people are very happy with the Freqout pedal. I have it, but I don't love it. And now I would say with your settings the feedbacker effect is pretty much as good as the FreqOut. So thank you one more time for your good advice.
One more thing. If you want a really nice feedback. This is the real deal:
http://www.vibesware.com/guitar_resonators_0.html
The problem is that you have to hold your guitar in the right angle and very close to the kind of microphone of the Vibesware GR1. But the sound is really very good.
feedback.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of noise? I don't know. Anyway I followed your advice to put the feedbacker between a noise gate and amp.
It sounds okay to me. At least the noise has gone. I guess you can not expect to get a super overwhelming feedback with the feedbacker. The same goes for the FreqOut pedal. But one more time, maybe it is more my lack of knowledge, because it seems that some people are very happy with the Freqout pedal. I have it, but I don't love it. And now I would say with your settings the feedbacker effect is pretty much as good as the FreqOut. So thank you one more time for your good advice.
One more thing. If you want a really nice feedback. This is the real deal:
http://www.vibesware.com/guitar_resonators_0.html
The problem is that you have to hold your guitar in the right angle and very close to the kind of microphone of the Vibesware GR1. But the sound is really very good.
View attachment 108180

Ok glad it worked out for you.
Happy sustaining!!

So I made a new proggy/fusion track with all sounds from guitar and bass coming from the Boss GT1000Core (besides small post processing things in my DAW). I am fairly happy with the sounds. Was going for a Gilmourish solo in the middle.

Normally I only use my Axe fx II for guitar so this is my first track with the Boss. It was my goal to do everything with the Boss to learn the new toy. Most likely I am going to use both Axe fx and Boss for the next tracks. It's not completely done or mixed but it's getting there. Hope you like it! Let me know if you will...

Back
Top Bottom