So I am brand new to Axe-8 and FRFR

And have a really dumb question. I got my AX-8 a couple of weeks ago, and LOVE it. Great piece of gear, and so inspirational. I just received a XiTone active monitor, and there is a switch for Line or Mic input. Thinking that I will take XLR cable from AX-8 to the XLR in on the XiTone, should the switch be Line or Mic?

I feel so stupid.

Also, a friendly word of advice... be patient with your AX8 + FRFR speaker.. Give it time, play with it, understand as best you can. THEN, you'll really start to kick some goals..

Buddha once said to me.. be as patient with your wife as you are with your AX8, and both will flourish...

(OK, Buddha may or may not have actually said this.. but you get the idea :p)

You may get a lot of mileage from cutting the Lows and Highs in the cab block.
There is a lot of talk about that with FRFR on the forum.
In my case, for rock with humbuckers, I cut the lows at ~100hZ and cut the highs at ~4600hZ.
This works for me, YMMV.
And welcome to a new world of awesome tone, inspiration and fun! :D
I had a XiTone for a little while, they are real nice!
Rock on brother!

Thank you all for your help. No question FRFR is very different than running it through a Mesa 2:90 and Marshall 4x12. I have used "modelers" on and off since the Digitech RP-1 (come a long ways since then), and have settled on Mesa tube amps for many years. I am floored at how good this sounds.

You may get a lot of mileage from cutting the Lows and Highs in the cab block.
There is a lot of talk about that with FRFR on the forum.
In my case, for rock with humbuckers, I cut the lows at ~100hZ and cut the highs at ~4600hZ.

This! Without doing this you may find yourself thinking the tones are too "harsh" or "boomy". For consistency I put my filters at 85Hz and 8000kHz across the board but everyone is a little different.

Back
Top Bottom