So, how's the New York amp show going?

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
Just wondering how the show is going. Any news? I'm excited for Fractal, this might be the one weekend that adds a lot of new users.

Hey, has Matrix shown up with the new FRFR monitor? I was expecting a price to be released yesterday, but haven't seen a thing. Luke probably didn't know he was going to be assigned as reporter, spy, and recon man!

Hey, has Matrix shown up with the new FRFR monitor? I was expecting a price to be released yesterday, but haven't seen a thing. Luke probably didn't know he was going to be assigned as reporter, spy, and recon man!

I hope it gets released today.
I want it for my Axe2 and my Kemper.
I would like to start gigging with them.
Please share any news.
Chris

New powered Matrix was there, on 3g will write more later.

New powered Matrix was there, on 3g will write more later.
***t
If I knew Matrix was going to be there I would have gone early today.

I want to see the Matrix FRFR solution, and I know Atomic is there, I assume with there new CLR.
But I'm more interested in the Matrix.

I was going to go to the show, but during the coarse of the week I lost my drive to go.
Went to last years and it was pretty cool, but not much for me to really get excited about this time.
I already own an Axe Fx II and MFC.

Even last year after the Fractal room I had decided I want an Axe FX II NOW!! (of coarse they did not happen right away)
Everything else kind of lost its charm, and that's no disrespect to other companies, but after the Fractal room I was kind of done.

Luke what do you think?? Should I go tomorrow and check out the Matrix and the Atomic??

John

Damn if I knew Matrix and Atomic were going to be there I would have flown in for this. Matrix wasn't on the roster... Please let us know opinions of Atomic CLR and Matrix equivalent. Maybe passive Atomic CLR cab with Matrix amp? I'm also hoping Cliffs presentation will be videotaped so we can see it after the fact. Can't believe I'm missing this! Lame... :)

Atomic was a no show.
Hi Guys,

I had a last minute personal conflict that prevented me from attending The Amp Show with Atomic. I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to showing off the new gear. We're in the final phases of preproduction with the CLR active and passive cabs. Nearly all the components are in - just waiting for the last of a few long lead time parts to arrive. I expect production to be done by the end of the month. I'll be doing a Facebook update just as soon as I have the specifics, then we'll officially open the Reserve List.

Thanks to everyone showing such great enthusiasm and anticipation for the products! We're so proud of the CLR line and can't wait to show it off and to have it be available.

Best,

Tom

Tom King said:
Hi Guys,

I had a last minute personal conflict that prevented me from attending The Amp Show with Atomic. I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to showing off the new gear. We're in the final phases of preproduction with the CLR active and passive cabs. Nearly all the components are in - just waiting for the last of a few long lead time parts to arrive. I expect production to be done by the end of the month. I'll be doing a Facebook update just as soon as I have the specifics, then we'll officially open the Reserve List.

Thanks to everyone showing such great enthusiasm and anticipation for the products! We're so proud of the CLR line and can't wait to show it off and to have it be available.

Best,

Tom

Thanks Tom, Is it too early to provide us a price point for each?

Ok, back home.

The room was setup with Cliff's 4x12 holding Lead 80 speakers powered by a Carvin power amp, a pair of JBL monitors powered by a Matrix 1000 and a pair of the new powered Matrix wedges.

Of course there was an Axe II and a MFC.

I arrived around 10:15am, Matt and guest artist Eric were working on his sound for a 1pm show he was going to perform within the room. Eric gigs with the Ultra, so it was an opportunity for him to try out the II as well. After much effort with Eric's PRS, he changed horses and pulled out his Klein and I have to say that guitar sounded amazing and blew the PRS away.

Matt was getting ready for a video shoot they will be posting where Eric plays to two jazz background tracks.

I was disappointed Atomic and the CLR were not in attendance, as hearing them was a major reason for me going, but I made it up to myself by picking up a second Axe II.

Matt had an opportunity to try out my Audeze LCD-2s and said he loved them.

I was impressed with the tones the Carvin/Lead 80s cabinet produced. The JBLs powered by the Matrix sounded fantastic, most probably because they were Cliff's personal items he must use when making the presets. I didn't get to hear the Matrix for too long, but I did notice they were brighter than the JBL setup. I imagine the Matrix cubes are flatter and fuller range from what I did hear, but I think fact the unit is tuned with either the Lead 80s or JBLs gave the latter an unfair edge.

I spoke with Cliff a bit, apparently the MFCs have been far more successful than initially imagined and are going to be available again in a month or so's time, for those on the current waiting list.

I want to thank Matt, Adam and Cliff for their hospitality, it was a great time.

I did not have an opportunity to go to any other vendors due to another commitment that forced me to leave at noon.

the classic lead 80's sound somewhat "flat" or neutral to you?
I have been thinking about loading them into my Carvin 2X12 so I have soemthing other to go to than my Recto 2X12 cab (V30's) all the time.

Back
Top Bottom